Pre Part Rev - in Purchase Order Line

• 23 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 554 replies

Community,

Wondering whether you have experience in using the column “Pre Part Rev”  in Purchase Order line or not.

We have a part which comes with 4 inventory revisions, and they are all still valid. though it might be a good practice, but that’s the way it is in our company.

when the purchase order is placed, system always retrieve the latest inventory part revision, assoicated with the latest Eng .Revision, they cannot be changed. But we do need to order previous revisions from supplier, so we realized there is a column in purchase order line, called “Pre Part Rev”, please refer to the screenshot attached.

if we put the revision no that we would like to purchase, what will happen in the PO? 

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi;

In Register Arrivals window, the Revision is defaulted to the Latest. bit we can type the one required as below. Here the latest Revision of the Part is 2, but I Typed 1 prior to the Receipt.

The entered revision is received in to the Inventory.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda thank you for your reply.

my real concern is how to send the message to supplier that i want the exact revision other than the latest inventory revision. 

Register arrival might be too late.

my question is, “PRE PART REV” is available in the system, and it does meet my demand, but how this would be conveyed to the supplier? e.g. purchase order document?

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi ;

This purchase order functionality is owned and maintained by the Distribution product.

So entering the question in Distribution (CRM, Commerce) | IFS Community would help you more.

This not possible to change the Revision has been a known limitation until the Cloud Version.

In the Cloud version it is possible to change the Revision provided that the Planned Receipt date is valid for the Old Revision.

In APPS10 we have a workaround to achieve this.

Create the PO line for older Planned Receipt Date 

And later change the date as required that will not change the already saved Revision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda will do. thank you.