Question

Non consumption of inventory part

• 29 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have 2 questions for you.

1, I want to transfer an purchased inventory part from Warehouse location to a Production location but in doing so once the inventory part arrives into the production location the inventory qty and value is zero i.e. consumed at the point of transfer? 

2, Following the above question the next stage would be to make an inventory part and book into stock (receive). Is there a method / set upof being able to book a newly formed inventory part into stock without any consumption of materials?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @adz316 ,

1. When a part is transferred from one location to another location, the inventory qty of that part will be with the latter location, and the transferred qty will be reduced from the previous location and the total inventory value will be also reduced accordingly. Are you referring to this scenario ?
  2. You can use “Receive Inventory Part” window or counting-in method, to manually receive a newly-created inventory part into inventory, without using purchase orders, shop orders etc. But, there will be inventory transactions created, which affect accounting.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You may use;

1. Issue Inventory Part
  2. Receive Inventory Part
Badge +2

Hi @adz316 ,

1. When a part is transferred from one location to another location, the inventory qty of that part will be with the latter location, and the transferred qty will be reduced from the previous location and the total inventory value will be also reduced accordingly. Are you referring to this scenario ?
  2. You can use “Receive Inventory Part” window or counting-in method, to manually receive a newly-created inventory part into inventory, without using purchase orders, shop orders etc. But, there will be inventory transactions created, which affect accounting.

Thanks,

Hi ThushAsanka

1. No no, I understand the transferring piece but what I need to know is IFS capable of instantly consuming in my case raw material immediately after its been transferred to its physical location so the target location remains at zero stock & value. So that's the solution I need if you have any ideas.
  2. Receive into inventory works well and I can see how shop order requisitions change on that part once MRP has run and happy that inventory transactions are created as i will still need to run reports. After testing this though using  but will need to understand more the accounting implications if any.

Thanks 

Adam

Badge +2

You may use;

1. Issue Inventory Part
  2. Receive Inventory Part

Thanks AanHGTS

Badge +2

in answer to question 1 - A good consultant should be able to write a script to clear down the location effectively clear all stock held in that location.

In answer to question 2 you can go to Part screen enter part number and tick the do not consume box . By doing this you can still operate via shop orders. In doing so be mindful if the you are transferring the part to another location as stock levels will increase so A, ensure the location is not an MRP location then effectively write off the stock.