• 21 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

I need to borrow your mind here.

i am in MCPR Project Time Registration window, i am trying to report a project time, though the report code is set up with “Invoicable”, but each time i saved the record, system will reverse it to “Not Invoicable”. After that, even I am trying to make it invoicable in Project Transactions window via RMB “Set Invoicable”, system will prompt the error message “It is not possible to modify the invoicability of multi-company project transactions.”

any ideas?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ronhu ,

Are you referring to field - ‘Employee Invoicability’?

Could you please let us know the setting for ‘Multi-Company Revenue Reporting Method’ in Project window > Pricing tab > General tab?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Madusha,

thank you for your reply.

in employee project and customer project, i all set them to “Multi-Company Project Reporting Voucher”.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ronhu ,

Can you please set it to  'Project Invoice'  and try?

But I’m not sure if this could be changed if there are existing project transactions. It’s better to set this in the project creation.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ronhu 

It is very strange to hear this scenario. I believe this is related to some setting in your set up or some other environment issue.

The error, “It is not possible to modify the invoicability of multi-company project transactions.” is a standard error in the application and you will receive this if you try to change the invoicability of a MCPR transaction from “Not Invoiceable” to “Invoiceable”

Could you please share a screen pictures of;

1. Report Code Details for the specific report code you have the issue

(Path: Project Management > Basic Data > Report codes > ‘Report Code Details’ tab)

2. Screen picture of Employee company Project Transactions where I can see the field “Invoicability”

(Path: Multi-Company Project Transactions screen > Query the saved record > RMB and go to Employee company Project Transactions)

This would allow me to pinpoint your issue and provide a better answer.

@MadushaDissanayake I feel, the ‘Multi-Company Revenue Reporting Method’ in Project window > Pricing tab > General tab has no relationship to the issue you are reporting. That comes into play when we create invoices.

/Vibhu

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Vibhusitha Jananjaya 

Thank you for your reply.

see the screen shots you requested.

i am wondering whether my employee profile got some issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Vibhusitha Jananjaya 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ronhu 

As I mentioned in my previous note, The error, “It is not possible to modify the invoicability of multi-company project transactions.” is a standard error in the application and you will receive this if you try to change the invoicability of a MCPR transaction from “Not Invoiceable” to “Invoiceable”

By looking at your screen pictures, it seems like the reason could be something else. For example it could be an environment related issue.

What is the possibility of creating a support case to GSO Support, so that we can have a thorough investigation on this? I believe this should be the way to address your issue.

/Vibhu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Vibhusitha Jananjaya 

appreciated your reply. will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MadushaDissanayake 

Thank you for your reply. 

i do realize the difference between revenue reporting method “Project Invoice” vs. “Multi-Company Project Reporting Voucher”.  If i use “Project Invoice”,  it is ok for both company, they are all “Invoiceable”, but if i use “….Voucher”, then,  “employee invoiceable” this column, system will reverse it to “Not Invoiceable”.

Not sure what happened.

Thank you.