Question

IFS10 equipment management -1

• 25 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello

Our company would like to start have equipment and tool management in IFS10.  The purpose is to have equipment/tool overview/management , and some activity being recorded and reminded to take per due date.. ), but have some questions need you help clarify: 

1. In IFS10 functions, what is the different of Functional/Serial object and Tool/Equipment?
  2. which one it more suitable for us to use? 
  3. Now we record these equipment/tool in IFS10 as Fixed Assets>objects with certain object group, in the future, how these two function can be linked together? 

Your quick reply is appreciated. 

Thanks

Susan

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, 

Can anyone help to get some answer for my questions? 

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Big questions, I think.

Did you find and review our documentation on these topics yet?

Also, ping @JerryB :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I don’t understand the question or how you’re currently configured.  You want to start adding tools required to work orders?  Do you want ot report usage time against them?  Probably not if it’s EAM. 

Do you have certain tools set up as equipment objects?  Functional or Serial?  You can’t connect tools to an equipment object like you could prior to Apps 10 until IFS Cloud 22R1 and only serial equipment objects.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi JerryB

Thanks for your reply.

We did not use any function to record equipment and tool and spare part, except for recording into  “Fixed asset” in Financial model. 

Now we would like to have equipment and tool and spare parts management in IFS10, which can link spare part with equipment and equipment work order can be triggered when maintenance time due. 

I have some confusion of two models of “Functional object/serial object” and “Tool and equipment”, which one will be more suitable for us. please help to advise. 

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It’s not that simple.  You need to get with a consultant to evaluate what you need to get out of the system.  I don’t even know what industry you’re in.  For example, setting up factory equipment as opposed to electrical distribution or mining equipment are vastly different.