Solved

How to get dosing percentage on a shop order

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I have a question about adding dosage information to the shop order.  As a lab technician, I create recipes that are being used in production. The dosage information is now stored in a separate excel file, just for the operators. 

I would like to add this info to the shop order. Is there a field in the inventory part or recipe structure that can be used for this data and that can be shown on the shop order?

Thnx in advance.

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 17 October 2023, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Foxsailor ,

If you are using Recipe Structures it is possible to maintain Weight Share in percentage at component line level. Below is an excerpt from the documentation.

Add Recipe Structure Components and By-Products

Explanation

This activity is used to add components and possible by-products to a recipe structure alternate.

Parts included in a recipe structure need to have volume or weight as the unit of measure to be a part in the recipe calculations. The density is fetched from the Inventory Part page. When a recipe structure is saved, the recipe will be automatically broken down to parts and substances that the recipe consists of. The physical properties of the recipe parent part will be calculated.

Use the command New Components to open an assistant to enter the new recipe structure. In the first step you enter the components that are part of the recipe, in the second step enter the components that are excluded from the recipe calculations and in the third step you enter the recipe by-product components.

The assistant is opened with the selected alternate values for Enter byBatch Size by WeightYield and Weight UoM and you cannot change those in the assistant.

To save a recipe the recipe weight share must be equal to 100%. If you need to adjust the recipe to be able to save it you can use adjust commands.

If the Enter by is either Qty Weight UoM or Qty UoM, the available adjustment options are:

• Adjust Batch Size: the batch size will be adjusted so that the Batch Size by Weight = Comp Sum by Weight * Yield.
  • Adjust Yield: the yield will be adjusted so that the Yield = Batch Size by Weight / Comp Sum by Weight.

If the Enter by is either Weight Share or Qty per Assembly, the available adjustment options are:

• Adjust Proportionally: the percentage deviation from 100% for the total weight share of the alternate will be distributed to all components proportionally depending on each component's share of the recipe.
  • Adjust Largest Share: the percentage deviation from 100% for the total weight share of the alternate will be distributed to the component with the greatest percentage in the recipe.

If the Enter by is Parts by Weight, there is no need to adjust the recipe; the total weight share is always 100%.

Note: Default value for Enter by is defined on Site/Manufacturing page in section Structure/Routing Settings.

Badge +1

Hello @Marcel.Ausan ,

Thank you for quick response. I'm already using the parts by weight structure to create the recipes. So in this field, the dosing percentage is the amount of additive. 100 base material and 0,8 additive is a dosing of 0,8%. Problem is that this not visible on the shop order. On the shop order I see the recipe structure, but with qty per hour and qty required. I would like to see the values I added at the recipe structure.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If this info is not pulling through in the Shop Order (did you also checked Column Chooser?), the easiest way would be to create a custom attribute on Shop Order Material entity and display this info from Recipe Structure. This should be an easy thing for your IT to configure.

Badge +1

@Marcel.Ausan ,

Thnx again for the quick response. I'll forward your answer to IT and see if they can do it. Thank you for your help.