How to build in Site A, but Repair in Site B using repair shop order

• 6 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

I have a product manufactured in Canada, then deliver to sister company Germany, sold to Germany customer.

when the product is broken, it is sent back to Germany site, then Germany site dissamble the broken compnent. We are testing utlizing CRO.  Now we comes to a problem that Repair Shop Order created does not load the as-built strcuture so it cannot proceed the repair in Germany site. The as-built structure is created in Canada site. wondering how this could be handled?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Did you create a Multi Level Repair Shop Order from CRO Line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am sure I have Multilevel Repair button checked.

current product DEMO_0 is at site 1(Germany Site), ownership is Customer Owned. It is manufactured in site 101(Canada site), we can only see the As-Built Structure for Canada site only. is it because of the As-Built Structure is created at Canada site (101) only?

CRO is created at site 1, Germany site, and product ownership is Customer Owned

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ron;

I too did similar for a Multi Level Tracked Serial Tracked Part, Manufactured in APPS10 RND TEST CMB, user danalk at Site 1, then Moved to Site DN1, then Sent via a Customer Order from Site DN1.

Created CRO in Site DN1

In the CRO Line, i used the “Receive Part” Option to receive the Customer Owned Item for Repair;

As Built Structure is in the Site 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda thank you for your time.

I am testing in APP10 UPD16, what’s yours?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda your case is working perfectly. wondering why? does your product SM use Condition Code?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI Ron;

Its APPS10 RnD Test CMB, that is having all the BUG fixes done up to today on top of UPD23.

If you can access any of APPS10 Regional Test http://ew/Environment/Detail?envid=11598, that would be similar to what i have used for testing

How did you move the Manufactured Part to the other Site?

I used Move Inventory Part and then from that Site i used Customer Order to deliver the Item to the Customer.,

May be how you have moved could have caused the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda Thank you for your time again.

site to site, though they are different company, we are planning via Distribution Order. Germany site place customer order, then supply is the Canada site, MRP will generate distribution order. at Canada site, from distribution order, MRP will generate shop order to meet the demands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dameenda the customer return to Germany site, we are using CRO, create receipt order, which system will generate a purchase order to bring back the Customer Owned product back to Germany site, and start disassemble one of the component from the top parent part, this is the first step we try to accomplish. now we are facing this issue.

I am thinking of using repair work order to disassemble the component off. 

the component will then be shipped back to Canada for repair. we haven’t tested to this step yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

http://ew/Environment/Detail?envid=11598

cannot access.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ron; I though customers too have access to this, I'm sure Partners does. The part i used do not have condition codes enabled, and i was moving within the same company via Move Inventory Part. I think you too can try via Inter Site Customer Order (Int Purch Transit) created in the Germany Site (Demand Site) where Canda Site is the Supply Site.

This involves bit cumbersome setup but might work.