Solved

How the Total Est Level Cost is calculated in shop order estimated cost?

• 15 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I want to know how the Total Est Level Cost is calculated in shop order estimated cost?

The product is weighted average costing based.

icon

Best answer by Naveena Nanayakkara 17 May 2021, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Dharshan,

By looking at the logic it calculates as follows.

For Level 0,

Total Est Level Cost = Level Cost of part for the specific cost bucket in level 0 (i.e. Level Cost/Unit column shown in Order Cost Estimates tab in the Shop Order Costs window)

For Levels > 0,

Total Est Level Cost = Cost Qty per Assembly * Accum Cost of part for the specific cost bucket in that specific level

Cost Qty per Assembly is shown in the Estimated Details tab in Shop Order Costs window. I could not find a window which is showing shop order specific Accum Costs for levels > 0. You can get that value from the Part Cost window I guess.

For By-Products, the calculation is same as described in levels > 0 section above.

This is how it calculates in code level. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Dharshan 

If parts are Weighted average the order estimate for material on a Shop Order is based on the part unit cost of the material at time of Shop Order creation. Also,If you change the qty per assembly in the order material lines and calculate order cost again you will notice estimated cost values get changed with new quantities.

The order cost estimates cannot be updated after an order has achieved Started status.

Please check bug id:122970 hope you can get an idea.

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Randini Jayasundara,

Thanks for the information you have shared.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Naveena Nanayakkara,

Thank you for the reply.

A small correction, it should be the weighted average unit cost of the parts.

Further, if you add or reduce any material from the stock and recalculate the order cost you will see the cost difference as well.