Question

How can you clear inventory part in stock details when 0 are on hand?

• 3 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are in IFS Apps 10 IEE.  I am wondering if there is something that I am missing to clear some of these records.  You see from the example the transactions however not sure why if only 1 location has stock, why are the others appearing?  It makes it messy.  

Can anyone help me with this?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Do a Clean-up of Inventory.

Though if you might have stock left in the location - depending on your organization process - you might not ‘find it’ at stock check as it will not appear on the reports.

Though you could save a tree!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I found the Cleanup Inventory background job and ran it but nothing changed.  Not sure what else to look for to see why it didn’t work.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Donna V ,

I assume your background job had no error while running.

You should enter a value which how many days before you want to start cleaning.

If you had an error with your background job, can you share the error message please?

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This can be a very useful tool - for keeping a database / system trim and lean - but also having those records there could make it easier if product could still be in a location, the warehouse staff can search as they may not have access to Inventory Transaction History.

I would suggest that you look at some report getting data from ITH if you are going to be cleaning up on a regular basis with a short days-before parameter. Unless you don’t ‘use’ the WM side, and have it all in one big dump location.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have the task set up exactly as you show above.  I am not getting errors.  Only states “no records were removed”. 

Is there other criteria or warehouse data that would prevent this from working as we “think” it should?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Donna V in your IPIS records that you want removed, what is the Last Activity Date for these? If using 365 for Days Before Current Date, the routine will delete only the records with a Last Activity Date prior to #TODAY#-365, or October 4, 2022. The 0 OnHand records that remain apparently have a Last activity Date within the past 365 days.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have the task set up exactly as you show above.  I am not getting errors.  Only states “no records were removed”. 

Is there other criteria or warehouse data that would prevent this from working as we “think” it should?

Hi @Donna V,

try running your Cleanup Of Inventory task with “0” days to purge all zero On Hand records with activity prior to current date.

However, like @Matthew wrote, you can have some benefits of keeping those 0 On Hand records there, so maybe first run the cleanup on a certain location type first before clearing all records.

Br,

Mikko