Question

Getting characteristic values automatically from Main Part to Inventory and Purchase Part

• 29 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

Can you by configuration set system so that characteristic values from Main Part would be automatically copied to Inventory and Purchase Part or is it a modification.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Matti,

You can solve this with the Object Connection function:

And thus the features are visible as attachments:

In CLOUD, the configuration looks like this:

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Ok and thanks Mike but then you must use Technical template characteristic for the Inventory part and not Part characteristic. Somehow confusing at least for the customer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The procedure is that I set the technical characteristics globally and then display them in the inventory parts and purchase parts. The maintenance is therefore only done globally in one place. That is the big advantage in the technical characteristics. And that is the normal concept in my customer projects. I very rarely need the part characteristics.

Badge +1

I have the same problem. It is still not resolved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

I defined these but doesn’t work in cloud. Am I missing something?

Matti

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Matti,

I have looked at this again carefully. You are right, with this object type "technical characteristics" it is not possible to transfer the data from one table attachment to another table attachment. I had this in a project years ago. There were two solutions:

1. A link button on the relevant pages/masks for switching to the characteristics in the part catalogue
  2. A customer tab which displays the characteristics from the part catalogue