Error receiving repair shop order

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 552 replies

Community,

Have you experience handling below error?

Below error is from repair shop order when doing goods receiving. 

but the part 1066883-07-HY-0056 is already issued to this repair shop order.

kindly advise. Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I believe this error is raised if the serial number you try to receive is not reserved to the shop order.

On a repair shop order, the serial number is automatically reserved to the shop order when the part to repair is reserved/issued from stock. The reservation is then removed when you receive back the repaired part to stock. Hence, you should normally never encounter this error.

Can you check so that this serial number 1066883-07-HY-0056 has a reservation to this shop order in page Part Serial Reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for your reply.

you are correct. it is not in Part Serial Reservation.

If I am not wrong, the end user have the repair shop order in Started status, after that, she opened the shop order  #35817 which manufactured this serial no 1066883-07-HY-0056.

Now comes the question, how we could fix this issue?  the shop order #35817 is manually closed now. shall we redo this repair shop order? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Re-opening the shop order that originally manufactured the serial number should not remove the serial number reservation from the repair shop order. If that happens it is a bug. I tried that scenario in the latest IFS version and I could not recreate any such problem there. 

Since it is not clear how this situation could occur it is difficult to say what you can do to resolve it. Maybe you can try to unissue the serial number from the repair shop order and then issue it again since it is the issue transaction that should create the serial reservation to the repair shop order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you again for your reply.

I will have user to try what your proposed. Thank you.