Question

Engineering Part Navigator (SQL)

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am looking to build a single query statement that pulls back all parts that are part of a given Part Structure.  If I look at the Tree view in Engineering Part Navigator it shows all parts that are part of the system.  I need the ability to query the database for all parts that belong to this tree.  If someone out there has done this can you please share.  Another way to look at it would be I want everything on the Multilevel tab.  Although the tab shows all part records the view it is based on does not (ENG_PART_STRUCTURE_EXT).

Any help would be appricated.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you tried the Debug tool while on the Multi-Level tab to see how it is retrieved when you do a search against a parent part?  We don’t use the Engineering Part, but the Product Structure is a similar type of arrangement with a single level view and a multi-level tab.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I will give the Debug tool a shot.  I am still hopeful that someone out there has a magic query that pulls al the structure at one time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Still Searching for an this answer…

I want to see all parts under the “ASR-9” in this example via a single SQL query of view.