Solved

Engineering Defaults - What is their purpose?

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When working with Engineering, there are a couple of defaults that can be set:

For the majority I have an explanation, but for POS and REPLACE_REVISION, I can't find any documentation. Anyone that can help me out, what the function is of these defaults?

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 15 August 2022, 12:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

REPLACE_REVISION

• Possible values are 1, 2, or 3.
  • 1 - Only Engineering part revisions in status Preliminary can have their components replaced without forcing a new parent Engineering part revision. This is the default setting at installation time.
  • 2 - Engineering part revisions in statuses Preliminary and Active can have their components replaced without forcing a new parent Engineering part revision (the replacing component part revision must have the same status or higher than the parent part).
  • 3 - Engineering part revisions in statuses Preliminary, Active, and Released can have their components replaced without forcing a new parent Engineering part revision (the replacing component part revision must have same status or higher than the parent part). 

Looking back in my Apps8 eLearning documentation:

POS

• The default value for Drawing Position No. of a component in the Engineering Part Revision (now Engineering Part Navigator in Cloud). This parameter is used only by the CAD Interface.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@matt.watters 

Great thanks: just what I was looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I was not aware that we had a choice with regards to the Replace Part Revision function, and while I do think that enforcing a rule that prevents an EPR of lower status replacing one with higher status is good logic, it is nice to know we have a choice!

Cheers,

Wade