Cloud version of IFS

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I was looking for input and an explanation of the IFS Manufacturing Cloud Version.  I’m hoping to understand how long the cloud version has been readily available and if the base code behind it was redo from version 10.  If there are many companies currently using it(let’s say more than 50), or is it still in its infancy stage?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

First version released was in March of 2021, then a new version every 6 months since then.

If you are new to IFS, the 2nd version from 2021 would have been viable for most new customers, but not upgrade customers.  If you are an upgrade customer, then it feels like the second version from 2022 - 22R2 is in a good spot for most customers if there are not tons of customizations to integrate. 

If you have lots of customizations (like us), then at least 23R1(Apr 2023) is a better bet.

I can’t verify this number, but I don’t believe there are more than 50 customers operating on IFS Cloud, probably 2 or 3 dozen.  There are many more in the process of upgrading or implementing based on current community comments.  If you can get an IFS product manager to indicate the true number, I’d be surprised.

It is a mature enough product for many customers now, and most customers by early next year.  It was not ready for release at the beginning of 2021 based on the number of issues seen by all customers.

The base code is the same as the Aurena version of IFS 10, but completely different than the IEE version.  IFS Cloud has been expanded and improved from that point on.  There are quite a few difference from the Version 10 capability of Aurena to the current IFS Cloud version of Aurena and many of the changes will not be made retroactive.

Badge +1

Thanks Shawn.  Great information.  Does what you mention refer to all modules?  I’m curious about manufacturing especially since my feeling is that carries the most risk.  Thank you again for the help

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello Carlbrack,

actually we are in implementation process of IFS Cloud with planned Go Live middle of next year. We are implementing nearly all modules according to supply chain including production. I know IFS App 8 from previous company and nearly all functions of Apps8 are available at cloud (even more since applications was developed between 8 and cloud). We are forcing smaller bugs but in general nearly all functions are available already.

Hope I could help

Regards

Sebastian

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Does what you mention refer to all modules?  I’m curious about manufacturing especially since my feeling is that carries the most risk. 

I think the manufacturing module is in reasonable shape, the problem we are having is really with the developer tools like the Business Process Automation tool and things that you would expect to work flawlessly - like Lobbies.  Just don’t.  The basics are in reasonable shape, but everything you do just takes longer.  

The UI is definitely designed by a group that hasn’t had to use an ERP system in everyday use and doesn’t seem to get the significant inefficiencies created by the page design for pages like Customer Order, Purchase Order, and a few others.   

Your problem is not going to be in making the mainstream operations function, it is really about user adoption and bridging the significant user experience difference from IEE to Aurena.  Existing users of IEE will simply hate Aurena at first.  New users will adapt to it much quicker I suspect because they won’t have a baseline of how much better it was with IEE.