Solved

Cannot insert null into QMAN_MANDATORY_PART_TAB"."SIMPLIFIED_REV_HANDLING

• 7 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello @Peter Lundgren and others!

I am working with a customer who went live with IFSAPP10 UPD7 (IEE only) in 2020 and we have now merged UPD14 to their environments and are performing tests in BnT. When I create a new Inventory Part I got the ORA error ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSAPP"."QMAN_MANDATORY_PART_TAB"."SIMPLIFIED_REV_HANDLING"). I had to add the relevant site to the Quality Basic Data Site, then it works. This was not a problem in UPD7. I notice that when I create a new site the system automatically creates a record in this page but the customer doesn’t have any records here in their TEST and PROD environement so something must have happened between UPD7 and UPD14. It’s of course a work around to add this info in the Quality Basic Data Site but before asking the customer to do so it would be good to know why it is needed. They don’t use QUAMAN although they have it installed. We have found bug id 160770 that seems relevant in this discussion.

Anyone have an idea on changes in core functionality that could have introduced this behavior? The error message “Cannot insert null” is never acceptable at any point and is a bug in itself I think but since it is simple to resolve it it’s nothing urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Eva 

icon

Best answer by Anjaleen Davidson 7 February 2022, 11:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Eva, 

Please create a case for this.

Best Regards

// Peter

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Eva  @ADDEVOL,

Yes, as you have said bug 160770 involves with this change via UPD14. In method “Insert_From_Invent” of Qman_Mandatory_Part_API, before this patch the value of SIMPLIFIED_REV_HANDLING was hard-coded as “False”. But via above patch it was changed into a getter method as below.

If the passed parameter “contract_” has a NULL value this getter will return a NULL value too to the holding variable. This can happen if the “Quality Basic Data Site” is set to NULL as you have previously identified.  Since SIMPLIFIED_REV_HANDLING is a non-nullable attribute, during the insertion it will not allow to insert a NULL value. That’s why you were getting the above error message.

Hope this info is useful.

Best Regards,

Anjaleen

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello! Thanks both for your replies and for confirming that bug id 160770 is involved. I don’t see that it will be feasible to ask the customer to create a case since IFS Support will require that we as a Partner has recreated this in a Global support environment and in order to do that I need data from UPD7 (or perhaps any data prior to UPD14 will do) where it was possible to have QUAMAN installed but not setting up anything in the Quality Basic Data for site, but I have to recreate it by either adding or copying an Inventory part in an UPD14 environment to trigger the error.

All sites in REGIONAL TEST LKP available to me already has a record in Quality Basic Data Site and if I create a new site a record will be created automatically. It will not work to test it in UPD7 As Released either since bug id 160770 is not released in that environment. So I don’t see how I can recreate this in an IFS REF environment. We could of course ask the customer to report it and use screen shots from BnT and hope that it will be accepted as “proof”.

Best Regards

Eva