Question

By-Product and Outside Operations

• 2 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m looking for some assistance in the best way to managed by-products when they are produced at a subcontractor. Our current setup is to use outside operations for the subcontracting. We link the material and the by-products to the operation for subcontracting, however this does not seem to provide a supported solution when managing the purchase.

1. We want the purchase order to show what by-products are expected.
  2. We need to receive the by-product against the purchase order, but currently this remains for receipt against the shop order.

Is there any built-in solution which supports by-products handling with subcontractors?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I think you can’t handle this scenario. Because you ship WIP and bring in the WIP again via a non inventory purchase part. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Interesting question :

Would a solution where you go for a modification to reflect the By-products separately in the shop order window work, additionally having a subcontracting operation to reflect the time.

However, you would have to certainly go for a modification. If not as Aan Mentioned your bringing in the subcontracting component not reflecting the by-products. 

It would be certainly an interesting customization to work on. :)

Cheers,

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Can I know the business or customer industry for the below mentioned requirement ?

1. “We need to receive the by-product against the purchase order, but currently this remains for receipt against the shop order.”