Question

Aurena - Shop Orders Screen Part and Description Concatenated

• 20 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

We have recently begun utilizing the Aurena interface within select departments and one of the feedback is they do not like having the part no and description concatenated on the shop orders screen because when they export to Excel the data is exported as it is on the screen.  Our users want the shop orders screen layout to be like IEE where the part number and description are in separate columns.  

Has anyone made this change using the Page Designer?

We are very new to Aurena and its taking us a while to relearn these types of changes.

In the red area is what we’d like to change so part number and description are separate columns.

Regards,

William Klotz

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Which version are you on? I tried this in IFS Cloud 22R1 and even if the field is concatenated in the client, they will come on separate columns when exported to Excel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Björn Hultgren ,

We are currently on IFS Application 10 Update 8.  I'm glad to hear IFS 21R1 exports separate columns it most likely means there was a bug that was corrected between the versions.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @Björn Hultgren ,

I’ve just tested the shop orders export to Excel on IFS Application 10 Update 15 and it exhibits the same issue as IFS Application 10 Update 8.  I guess I need to find out if this issue has been corrected in any of the IFS Application 10 Update packs above 15.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@william.klotz  I’m not sure which version this was changed. I suspect it was only enhanced in IFS Cloud, not Apps 10. As a workaround until you upgrade I guess it should be possible to add Part No and Part Description as custom fields. Maybe they can even be hidden in the client and only used for the Excel export purpose.