Solved

Create Expense on behalf of another employee

• 18 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

we are using IFS10 version, update 5, soon going to update 8.

Actually trying to solve issue with access for employees who should be able to create and confirm an employee expense on behalf of another employee.

I was able to set up access for Person X to have possibility to create expense on behalf of the Employee Y from Company B. I have used Supervisor access setup screen, assigning to Person X access to position ID  of Employee Y from Company B. The Person X is able to create and confirm created expense, but also is able to Approve the expense which is not needed. The Employee Y having default Self-Access Role assigned in Employee’s Assignemnt, including attribute for Self_access on Travel Expense. The attribute contains record with definition of possible values (Old/New) for EXPENSE status.

Even the attribute EXP_REF_NO_AUTH contains possibility to have new value in EXPENSE_STATUS Approved, Employee X is not able to approve his/her own Expense. Unfortunately, Person Y (having access to Position ID of Emplyee X) can create, confirm, but also Approve the Expense. If the EXPENSE_STATUS is modified to having only possible values Preliminary and Confirmed, Person Y is still able to Approve the expense.

Is there a way how to limit the access with this setup or is there any other way how to deal with On behalf scenario? 

Thank you very much for any feedback.

icon

Best answer by Kevin Curtis 22 September 2020, 19:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Jiri:

Yes it is possible to set up someone to enter and confirm expenses for others.  You don’t use a “Self-Access” Attribute/Role, you set up an “Access” Attribute and Role.  I believe the out of the box attributes from R&D, but you may need to adjust the Old and New values by the Right Mouse option to “Set Old Values” and “Set New Values”.

It sounds like you are on the right path, just a few adjustments.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Kevin Curtis

Client Manager

IFS

Badge +5

Hello Kevin,

thank you for your answer.

When assigning access to position ID via Supervisor screen, it’s automatically taken Access Role from Position Access Setup (for own position ID) and used in Access Role in Suprvized Employees. The problem there is that it’s not possible to assign Access Role with Access ROle Type = ‘Self Access’ but only ‘Access’. 

Anyway, finally I was able to do the setup - creating a new Access Role, assigning standard Attribute EXPENSE_CREATION containing EXPENSE_STATUS values Preliminary and Confirmed. This new Access ROle is assigned in Position Access Setup to Employee Y. Via Supervisor Access Setup Screen is given access to Employee X on Position ID of Employee Y from Company B. Then the Employee X is able to create Expense on behalf of Employee Y, upload attachment to Expense and Confirm. Not able to Approve.

Thank you again for your support there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Jiri:

When you are working in Supervisor Access, you can assign someone to a Position or just give them an Access Role.  If you assign them a Position, that technically means you are giving them that Position and the access/authority that comes with it (Ie. just as if you created them as an employee in the company with that position).  So, they will show up as the employee’s manager and have the same rights.  If you only assign them a Role, then they have access to the employees in that Company/Org Unit, but are not technically a manager of the employee, and you can assign a different Role ID than the one connected to the Position in Position Access.

Glad to hear you found your answer, but just wanted to get back to you with that information for future reference.

Badge +5

Hello Kevin,

thank you for the answer.

In case I assign a Role in the relevant company, is there a possibility to limit the access to selected employees from the company or it’s providing the access to all employees from the company with no limitations (except limitations to LU defined in Access Role)?

Still hunting for the solution when would like to give access to Employee from Company A to another Employee from Company B (to give the possibility to create an expense on behalf of the second employee).

Thank you.

Badge +2

Hello,

Reviewing this case, something similar happens to me. I have an employee who must create an expense sheet on behalf of more employees. You currently have access to employees configured through Supervisor; Access the configuration with the NO_AUTH Role, this role has restricted the STATUS_EXPENSE to old and new values Preliminary and Confirmed, but even with this configuration, when creating the sheet the system allows Approve and even Authorize the Sheet.

The same thing happens when requesting payment, you enable the Authorize Payment option.

This happens in IFS10 version, any solution?

Thanks, I'll stay tuned

Badge +5

Hello,

we are already two years on Cloud version, We still use on behalf - using position access - granting access for position of employee who should create the expense on behalf to position of employee for which the expense should be created, using special access role granting create expense and change statuses from Preliminary to confirm - like this.

I hope it could help …

Best Regards

Jiri