Question

Consume Information Source/Access View via REST API

• 14 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

There is any option how to consume Information Source/Access View via REST API?

I know that Information Source can be used in IFS Business Reporter and Access View I can read from database via IFSINFO user.

But there is any other option? I mean eg. wrap Access View to Projection Configuration? I tried it but Access View cannot be used in Projection Configuration.

Is any chance how to publish Information Source/Access View via REST API only by tailoring, without programming standard customization?

Thanks.

BR

Zdenek

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi!

Custom information Sources (QFACT) can be accessed by api, but not directly. The same goes for IAL objects. 

The trick is to create an Quick Report against the IAL view or the Access view for the QFACT, since Quick Reports are exposed as an endpoint/api.

Se example where I have created an QFACT based on an IAL, Created an Quick Report and read the data directly true an url endpoint. (you can use Postmand or another tool to fetch the data) 

Create an IAL (can be queried directly from Quick Report)

Draft and create an Information Source based on the IAL, this gives you an access view to query (can be queried directly from Quick Report)

Create an Quick Report

Find the API endpoint for the Quick Report

You can not use the api in the api doc info directly

use this endpoint that takes the Quick Report as parameter. Remember the parenthesis at the end.  

/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/QuickReports.svc/QuickReport_630009()

No you have all the data from IAL/QFACT available as an API endpoint. 

/Dagfinn

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Dagfinn Stave  Thank you for sharing this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Did you get an answer? I am looking for the same.

if we use available standard APIs for entities, I doubt we have same data as information sources. Any idea?