Skip to main content
Solved

Cloud 23R1 Tabular Data Load Issue

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Starting on July 13, 2024, our data loads started having issues.  We did not have any patching or updates or changes that I can find. Prior to this they were running successfully since deployment for over 6 months.

The data load itself has a status of executing with errors.  Each data source shows as Executing, Failed, Success or Submitted.  Most were showing as Submitted.  The BI server errors looked like they were deadlocking them selves.  I put sequential IDs and sequences on all of the data sources and now most show as Success. If I run a data source by itself, then there are no issues.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Here is the IFS screen examples:

Here is the SSIS log for the DIM_Account:

Fetch Data Load Run Data Source Info:Error: Executing the query "EXEC qTABULAR_CREATE_AND_FETCH_DATA_SOURCE_RUN_INF..." failed with the following error: "Transaction (Process ID 65) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.  

Set to Error:Error: Executing the query "EXEC dbo]. TABULAR_DATA_LOAD_RUN_ITEM_INFO_MODIFY..." failed with the following error: "Transaction (Process ID 73) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @FR_Cust_IFS ,

Like you mentioned this was running fine for 6 months and suddenly these deadlocks are appearing.

I think the best thing to do is to run an environment setup again. It will recreate all the framework related tables in the SQL server side. Transaction data won’t be affected with this action.

When it comes to data load or any other action, the framework works as below.
All the information related to run the data load SSIS package is transferred to SQL server and stored in these FW related tables. With time there is a possibility to have some corrupted data in these tables and then the requests may fail with deadlocks or some error.
After an environment setup since the FW tables gets reset this error should go away.

Best regards,

Subash