Solved

Business Reporter - Run Multiple Reports at Once

• 25 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

I have a BR report in APPS10 where I’d like to run multiple reports at once. In this example, the report takes a work task number for input and generates several pages for the work task. I’d like to either be able to pass in a list of work task numbers to the report itself or have IFS recursively call the report to produce multiple. Ideally, our end users would like a single combined PDF as well, but I’m not sure if that’s possible in the recursive case.

So far, I’ve tried using sheet repeaters when allowing multiple values for work task input, thinking that the sheet repeaters could iterate over the list. This doesn’t seem to work, as the report just returns the design version, with no fields populated.

I also tried to dig into the package (XLR_TEMPLATE_UTIL_API) that I think actually executes the reports, but I was struggling to successfully generate a report.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether the above points are possible, and if so, how?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by shwiclk 27 September 2023, 12:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @kkorm 

To pass in a list of work task numbers you can use the IN operator when adding the filter criteria.

Further, you can convert a business reporter report, to a PDF file when ordering the report from the IFS Application via the BR execution server.

I have attached the Business Reporter designer’ for more information.IFSBusinessReporter-DesignersGuide.pdf

I hope this helps you out.

Thank You
Best Regards
@shwiclk 

Badge +1

Thanks, @shwiclk. I found that part of my confusion was due to one specific sheet not working as I think it should. I’ve now been able to get the other six sheets to work, with just one not working. The sheet not working (let’s call it Sheet A) doesn’t have any row or column repeaters and just returns the design sheet when running the report with multiple work tasks listed in the parameters. If I take a design row from one of the other sheets and paste it into Sheet A, Sheet A is populated with the cells that were otherwise not populating, but it lists all content (except the work task number) as a range. For example, if I have two tasks with start dates of 1/1/2023 and another with 1/12/2023, Sheet A returns a value of 1/1/2023 - 1/12/2023 on both copies. This same idea holds for all other cells, except for the work task number and the pasted design row content. The sheet repeater concept seems to be working flawlessly in other areas of the report though.

Is there a logical reason for the above to be taking place?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @kkorm 

In order to repeat a sheet using Sheet Repeater you need to have a design row or column (Repeater) in the sheet. 

Could you please provide a screenshot of the design of the non-functioning sheet to help us better understand your design?

Thank You

Badge +1

Hi @shwiclk. I was able to get it to work now. My issue was the lack of a row repeater, as you indicate. I simply created a design row that covers my entire design, repeating over an attribute that doesn’t actually repeat. Then, the sheet repeater started to work flawlessly. Thanks for the help!