Question

Trigger for TimePersDiary Events

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What is the trigger for the application defined events ‘NOTIFY_UNCONFIRMED_DAYS and NOTIFY_UNAUTHORIZED_DAYS?

i.e. when you create an event action from these to email the supervisor, at what point should the event be firing?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Since this is an event that should “trigger” when nothing happens…. You must schedule the connected database tasks for this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks @ADDMARIAE , that has got it working. It only seems to be recognising ‘Blocked’ days as being unauthorised rather than days that are confirmed but not authorised. Do you know what statuses the event looks at?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We have reported quite a few cases for this for my customers. One case: “THis event only triggers on not authorized days that are confirmed.
It must also trigger on days that are not confirmed since confirmation is NOT mandatory.”

We got a correction on this in solution 284331patch 155385.

This is included in update 10 though - what update are you on?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks @ADDMARIAE - we have deployed all updates for Apps 9 (update 17). As mentioned, it seems to ignore both days with hours that aren’t confirmed, and those with hours that are confimed - even though neither are authorised. The only days that trigger the emails are ‘Blocked’ - where I have confirmed, but it is a Saturday/Sunday and no hours or results exist (and no authorisation either). It seems like a pretty straightforward feature, that I’m surprised if there is still a bug by update 17! I’ll keep testing different scenarios..

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Aha the patch I mentioned  is on IFS 10, sorry… Maybe it is possible to downport the patches made on IFS 10?