Question

Supervisor of Employee - how is this fetched?

• 18 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 76 replies

Hi all,

We are currently on UPD9, where we have the issue that terminated Employees are still showing as Supervisor for an employee. This should have been fixed in UPD12, so as we recently got access to UPD15, i got suprised to run into the next challenge…

So for below Employee, it still shows a terminated employee as the manager , but now even two times. How is this possible? And where is the current manager now?

Production: Showing terminated employees GTH021 & KBE077. (hardly visible, current manager MPExxx)

UPD15: Showing terminated employees GTH021
No longer shown previous manager KBE077. (good)  nor current manager MPExxx - FAIL!)

Extra Information:
For MCP Time Reporting, employees are created in Multiple Companies, with only one company Activated for Master Company.

New Manager has the same Position as the two former managers.

Already Generated a new Position Access result

So the big question. How is the Supervisor being generated and how can we ensure that the Current Manager is the only one shown?

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Please go to supervisor access setup and query by this terminated ‘Manager’s Employee ID and see whether there are one or more Valid assignments? Since you see the employee ID twice  I believe there has to be more than 1 assignments. When terminating employees it is possible to extended access to Assignments and organization beyond the termination date. I guess this could be a reason for this.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Kavindal,

Thanks for reverting. This is the setup for terminated employee (presume you are refering to the Access Setup Tab, not supervised employees tab)

The valid to dates are in the passed for all 3 companies. 
I can see that the valid start is different in one company, but that should (in my eyes) not have an impact on it still being shown as current Supervisor.

Company A:

Company B

Company C

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Okay, interesting. When i changed that start date in Company CA001, it start to show the same picture as in UPD9 again. E.G. the two terminated employees/managers and the current manager.

And that also after i reverted that updated start date.

However, this got me to investigate further, so i then updated the end date from both terminated employees in all companies. That resultat in that the Supervised Employees Tab got updated with the correct Valid Till date (which i guess was the original bug)

So now the Terminated Employees are gone - resulting that i have multiple records for the current manager (one for each company) Timing wise it’s all the same for the manager.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I checked with some other persons as well, so it seems like Terminated Employees bug is fixed (but it will require updating all records to ensure Supervised Employees get updated. 

And i foresee that a new bug is now identified, which is showing of the Manager from every company this manager is created in.