Question

Set multi-company employment

• 29 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

In IFS Cloud we set up a matrix organisation with multiple companies. I am looking for the way to set a multi company employment up for an Employee in a manager role - so with access to employees in multiple companies.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I suppose, you also have a matrix position structure, right? In that case, you can simply link each employee who is employed in one of the connected companies to a combination of organizational unit and position in the matrix. In essence, that's not different from the assignments in a single company organization.

Best regards,

Martin

Badge +3

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. The follow-up question I have after registering the secondary position to another Org Unit in the Matrix Organization. In both assignments the Employee has acces rights as manager based on the position level. 
In the HCM Acces - Supervisor Acces, the employees of the secondery assigment dont show up. The secondary org-unit is added to that screen. I expect the employees to enlist there aswell. Is that correct or do I miss a setting?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Peter (only just now I realized that it's the Peter ;-)),

Just did a test in CFG. In Employee File, I added a secondary assignment to a supervisor (Emp No 1421). After that, in Supervisor Access Setup, I was able to see both the employees from his primary assignment and the employees from his secondary assignment.

You can verify this in CFG.

De mazzel,

Martin

Badge +3

Hi Martin,

From your Hero tag I knew immediatly it was you ;) Thanks for your help and I could verify this in CFG, but in our TST environment the department is added, but the supervised employees from the secondary assignment dont show. I checked the Include Subordinates box in Acces setup and there are Employees active in the secondery assignment department.

Is there a set-up I can check vs CFG that you know impacts this?

All the best, I hope you are doing good! Peter