Skip to main content
Solved

Resource Project Cost overrides Internal Pricing(s) setup - Help?

• 14 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a Resource Assigned to my Project Activity and the internal pricing setup is:

Standard Internal Price

My Resource, PROJECT MANAGER, only has General Cost setup of $133.33.  

When I report an hour using the DWTT1 report code, the Internal Cost of the Project Transaction is $133.33.  This was a shock to me.

The priority, as I know it is:

Priority of Pricing Logic

Since I have a report code defined, I believe the system should be following Priority 4.  Am I reading this wrong?  Is it because I have the Resource Defined as % that it does not follow Priority 4  and follows Priority 6?

Does this make sense that the system does not recognize the Standard Internal Price if it is setup with a Report Code but with % as the Resource ID?

Patrick

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

You are right about the priority of cost. It should use the project specific cost over the general cost. 

Please check the reporting/transaction date and compare with the dates of the Internal price setup for your report code.

Cost is calculated based on the spread of the resource hours. The hours are spread evenly, unless a spread profile have been used in resource forecasting. If the reporting is made “outside” of the dates of specified for your report code, then it is going to use the cost best matched for that period, and according to priority.