Solved

New Employee creation - Work Address and Work Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi All

When creating a new employee, I cannot figure out from where the values for the work address and the work location are fetched. I thought its from Company details > Offices, but the work mobile isn’t a part of it. Can you please explain how can  I configure the new employee creation to fetch the desired values for the contatc info? 

IFS9 UPD14

Thanks,
Asela

icon

Best answer by LKACH 12 March 2024, 14:56

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

The details are fetched to the employee file based on the details saved in the Person window for that employee. 

If no person address is connected then the details will be fetched from employee file address tab if there are no details on the address tab the company address will be fetched

Remember if the address and mobile details are updated in person window it automatically adds the record to employee file address tab

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

The details are fetched to the employee file based on the details saved in the Person window for that employee. 

If no person address is connected then the details will be fetched from employee file address tab if there are no details on the address tab the company address will be fetched

Remember if the address and mobile details are updated in person window it automatically adds the record to employee file address tab

Hi Dharshan

I am only referring to employee creation through ‘New Employee’ in IFS where there’s no existing Person ID. [New Person ID is also assigned during this new employee creation] and I have double checked if the address is being fetched from the Company address. It is not! 

Thanks,
Asela 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

you need the “address” step in your “new employee” configuration:

HR Assitant configuration
HR Assistant 
Result

Result in Employee details

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

I tried the same to check whether the company address is fetched see below,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for the detailed clarifications Dharshan, my IFS HR colleague is not available hence trying to work on not so familiar area to me. One last question - however I enable fields like ‘work mobile’ in the configuration assistant and save the configurations (trying reloading configurations too) those newly added fields are not shown. DO you know why? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks for the detailed clarifications Dharshan, my IFS HR colleague is not available hence trying to work on not so familiar area to me. One last question - however I enable fields like ‘work mobile’ in the configuration assistant and save the configurations (trying reloading configurations too) those newly added fields are not shown. DO you know why? 

Dear @Asela Munasinghe 

1. assign the configuration to all companies (Checkbox in header) or just specific ones (companies tab)
  2. Check the validity of the configuration ID
  3. “New Employee” should be selected as type
  4. Checkbox “Enabled” should be selected ( you can check the layout in layout tab)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That dosen’t help @LKACH . There’s no problem with the validity of the configuration and it has my desired company [I don’t need it for all companies] 

It’s just that enabled fields such as the mobile number won’t show up for me :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That dosen’t help @LKACH . There’s no problem with the validity of the configuration and it has my desired company [I don’t need it for all companies] 

It’s just that enabled fields such as the mobile number won’t show up for me :(

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran Do you know why? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

Its strange that you are not getting the required details. I tested it with apps10 since I don't have access to apps9 as of now it fetches the fields correctly, This can’t go down as a permission issue also as far as I assume since you have permissions to create employment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We managed to figure it out. Posting here for the closure of the thread. For instance, to enable the work mobile field, checking that field only isn’t enough. Need to check the Frame field ‘Phones’ as well. 

I had missed this setting earlier. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

Does this seem to be an issue with only IFS App9. What do you mean by enabling frame field ‘Phone’  I was not able to spot anything as such in the layout, If you can add a screen shot from where you did that it will be useful for all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t know if its App9 only because we have App9 only at the moment.

The below will work

whereas the below setting won’t 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

Thank you for the response. Itseems like only Apps9 issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran oh ok. So you must have observed it in the App9 LKP (RnD) enviornment. The challenge for us is that we cannot raise a ticket for IFS since the App9 support phase has ended. Thanks anyways for your assiatnce in this question! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

I don't have access to the RnD environments either. Thanks for the message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Update on this case: No matter what work address you enter, the new employee captures one of the addresses set for the company. That’s the problem. Work Mobile / Email is captured fine though. 

I think I’d raise case for IFS Support. 

Badge +4

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

Please find ss. 

Thanks & Regards,

Zuhaib
IFS Consultant
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

Please find ss.