IFS Ongoing Absence issue

• 1 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

A user has absence set up as, ongoing - but next day the Ongoing selection is turned off by itself. I tested by logging the absence in Dev and Test - as the reporting User, but same issue happened. I tried another user - and this ongoing absence stuck.  I logged into non production ifs as another user, and set ongoing absence for the first employee, but same issue. So Far, ongoing absence is only being removed for one person. I have checked, the affected employee doesn’t have any AL - so this cant be the issue.  Anything else I can check. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Sarfraz,

If your issue is that the system is not automatically generating an absence result after each day has passed, please double check the two aspects below: 

1. Is the wage code set to “Repeated” in Absence Wage Code Parameters?
  2. Is the Database Task Schedules: 25 - “Create Absence for Next Day”, activated?

Regards,
Magnus

Badge +1

Hi Sarfraz,

If your issue is that the system is not automatically generating an absence result after each day has passed, please double check the two aspects below: 

1. Is the wage code set to “Repeated” in Absence Wage Code Parameters?
  2. Is the Database Task Schedules: 25 - “Create Absence for Next Day”, activated?

Regards,
Magnus

Is this user specific - as its only not working for one user. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

What version is this? There are several cases with IFS support regarding onbgoing / open absence not working properly.  Interesting to know if this is yet another one

You can also check the background jobs connected to “Create absence for next day” - do you have any errors or warnings there?

Regards,

Maria

Badge +1

Hi Maria, This is in IFS Apps 10 - The Backgrounds Jobs for Create Absence for Next Day is showing “ready” -but so far only one employee - has the issue of ongoing absence being removed.  Tested few other users and there ongoing absence “sticks” as expected, need to turn it off - i.e if this was real will do so when they return to work. I have checked affected user - and they haven’t reached there limit yet, nor have they got any AL booked on the sick days, so this is not causing the issue. 

Badge +1

Any advice on this? Its only affecting 1 employee 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Sarfraz Hussain ,

I believe that the reported issue is in IFSAPP10. There are many solutions created for the issues around ongoing absence. For e.g.. Bug IDs 161092 & 159898. But since this is happening only with one user please check whether all the setup between this employee and other employees are correct. If yes please reach out to IFS Support with a new ticket.