Question

How to delete employee

• 13 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

In Apps10, I just created new employee and inserted wrong emp_id. Is there any way how to delete this record. The new emp is not used in any of the tabs on employee form. There exist only emp_id (head) and person_id (head).

I am not able to delete person_id, becuse it is used in emp. And I am not able to delete employee, because the delete button(F7) is not active and on the RMB(righ-mouse-button) there is no function for delete.

Any idea?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Jan,

Once you have created an Employee it is not possible to just delete it. What you need to do is conduct a termination of the Employee. I however think that it should be possible to fully delete an Employee, as long as there are no transactions or other non removable data linked to the Employee.

Maybe you can create an Idea in the Community for future development on this issue?

Regards,

Magnus

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Magnus, 

thanks for your answer.

What do you mean by “conduct a terminaton of the Employee”??

The newly created employee does not have any employment, any personal data filled etx.

All I did/inserted is just emp_id, person_id and name, than I saved it and now I want to delete the record.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi 

If there is NO transactional data against the employee you can delete it.

You will need to make sure the schedule and the organisational data is deleted from the employee file

If you go to Application Base Set Up>Enterprise> company

select the company and then go to the sub heading ‘employees’ 

then filter and find the employee you can delete the employee.

Kind Regards

Rachel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I would not recommend using this all the time but only if you have created an employee in error - attached the wrong person ID and the deletion is immediately after you have created the record - do not do this for employees that have been employed for a while 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks a lot R Lum Wai. 👍

Done it. On the company is the way how to do it.

Perfect. You are the best.

Thanks again. 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Jan and Rachel,

Rachel’s solution is possible. It however requires access to Company – which HR Personnel usually do not have.

As mentioned, I however think that HCM should provide the possibility to delete an Employee – if no transactional data has been generated. The function should nevertheless be within HCM, not in Company; so that it can be executed by HR and be fully aligned with other HCM system logic. Hence, my suggestion to create an Idea for this in IFS Community.

Regards,

Magnus

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Not being able to delete an employee can affect on-boarding.

I used to work in a place with a very resource heavy (but non IFS engaged) HR department and a high churn rate of company employees - they would not set an employee up until they had started.

This meant that they could not hit the ground running and other functions had to play catch-up.