Question

How do absence plan and absence limit differ in IFS Applicaton

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

May I ask how “absence plan” and “absence request” function in IFS Application??

Are they different from each other??

If possible pls give me the real example in HR activity.

Rungtip M.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DalRungtM 

I came across the below answer from an existing support case. Hope it will help.

“ An absence Plan can be used if you are an organization where employees need to plan absence a long time before it occurs. In that case, you first create a Plan, then transform that into a Request etc. This can be valid for absence one year ahead or so. But you might as well just add an Absence Request right away. If the approved Request becomes invalid you can just delete it.

In some instances, it tends to think that the Plan just becomes an extra unnecessary step and just goes with the Absence Request. As mentioned, it however depends on your organizational needs”

Kind Regards,

Dismanthi

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @DalRungtM,

The difference between Absence Plan and Absence Requests is as follows,

Absence plans are registered by employees and approved by supervisors in order to plan employees’ absence for each year.

Example: An employee is planning to have a vacation in the mid of the year for 7 days and an absence plan is created accordingly.

Absence requests are registered by employees and approved by supervisors in order to register absence for employees with prior approval of the supervisor.

Example: An employee is to take a casual leave on the day after tomorrow and seek the approval of the supervisor.

Kind Regards,
Chandima.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @DalRungtM ,

Hope the below information would help you. :relaxed:

Absence Plans

• Absence Plans are entered and confirmed by Employees in the My Absence Plans or the My absence Calendar. ​
  • Absence Plan can be viewed and approved by supervisors in the Absence Plan lobby.​
  • The Absence window will provide all the absence information of the Employee including approved Absence Plans, the registered absences etc.​
  • You can also use the My Absence Calendar to view, registered absence.
  • Absence Plans are registered by employees and approved by the employees supervisor.
  • Absence Plans will plan the Employee’s absence within a period of one year.
  • Absence Plans will directly create an absence request if the absence type of the absence plan has the Register Request on Plan Approval selected.​

Absence Requests

• Absence Requests are entered and confirmed by Employees in the My Absence Requests and My absence Calendar. ​
  • Absence Requests can be viewed and approved by supervisors in the Absence Requests.​
  • You can also use the My Absence Calendar window to view the registered absences
  • Approved absence requests can be directly converted to absence records in the Absence Registration.
  • Absence Requests are registered by Employees and approved by the employees supervisor.
  • Prior approval of the supervisor is needed to register the absence.

Best Regards,
Thanushi