Question

Expense sheet error: Error message when authorizing expense sheet with mileage transactions

• 30 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

After upgrading an environment from IFS10 UPD6 to IFS10 UPD15 I get below error message when trying to authorize an expense sheet containing mileage transactions (Expense_type_db = 1).

Debit amount must have a value when currency debit amount is entered.

After investigating this it seems like the error message is showing since the column GROSS_AMOUNT in table EXPENSE_DETAIL is NULL.

When authorizing an expense sheet, the column GROSS_AMOUNT get its value from EXPENSE_DETAIL.GROSS_CURR_AMOUNT * EXPENSE_DETAIL.GROSS_CURR_RATE.

When I create a mileage transaction in IFS, the columns GROSS_CURR_AMOUNT and GROSS_CURR_RATE is set to NULL (also CURRENCY_RATE gets a NULL value). Which in turn leads to a NULL value in the column GROSS_AMOUNT and the error message mentioned.  

Anyone else who has experienced any similar issues? Is there maybe a setting or so to make sure that the columns GROSS_CURR_AMOUNT and GROSS_CURR_RATE gets a value when creating a mileage transaction?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Emil,

I experience similarly problem regarding Gross Amount. We don´t get any value in Gross Amount and that´s because we have property code TRVEXPVOU set to FALSE in company details. If it´s set to TRUE then Gross Amount is created, but we don´t want to create any vouchers. We also tried to remove the property code but still same error, no update on Gross Amount. 

We found bug correction 154396 and if we remove that one from our TEST environment it all works fine and Gross Amount is updated. But that´s not the correct way of doing it so we have asked IFS to correct bug id 154396. 

Please send in a case to IFS as well so they can cover your problem as well!

Regards,

Karolina 

Badge +2

Hi Karolina,

Thank you for taking your time and for your great input!

I tried setting the property TRVEXPVOU to TRUE but it did not lead to any differences regarding the updating of gross amount for mileage transactions on the expense sheet (for other expense sheet transactions it did). 
Setting the property to FALSE is unfortunately not an option in my case since I want to create vouchers.

However, after investigating this further we could see that this error occur due to a change made in patch 161483 so we’ll report this as a bug to IFS.

Best regards,
Emil

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have just upgraded to UPD15 (from 11) and are having the exact same issue as you. We also want to create Vouchers, so the property must be set to True. 

But in addition to this, we have an issue where the amounts in GL gets multiplied with 100. Do you also have that issue? We are operating in NOK.

@EMHUSE Did you find any workaround while waiting for a new patch at IFS?

Badge +2

Hi @SORBJAHAU

We haven’t experienced any issues where GL amounts gets multiplied with 100.

The solution we found to prevent the authorize-issue was to install patch 162861. After installing this, it worked as it should so hopefully that will solve it for you too!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @EMHUSE 

Thanks! Have you tried to duplicate Expense Sheets with mileage after you have applied 162861? IFS support mentioned to us that it doesn’t solve this.  

Badge +2

Hi @SORBJAHAU,

No worries, hope this will help!

We have not seen any issues regarding duplication of expense sheets with mileage and I just tested this without any errors. What kind of issue do you get?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@EMHUSE We haven’t get hold of the patch 161483 ourselves yet (have a case @IFS for this), so can’t say if this fixes it. But based on your input, it seems it does 😀

We have fixed the issue ourselves while waiting for IFS to release the patch to us. We needed to set both the EXPENSE_DETAIL.currency_code and EXPENSE_DETAIL.gross_curr_amount on Inserts and Updates on Milage to avoid error messages when we Authorizes. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

We got patch 164019 to fix the problem with Gross Amount.

Regards,

Karolina