Question

EmployeeInteraction IFS9 - success?

• 6 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Looking to see if anyone has been successful in using the EmployeeInteraction webservice to create a new employee in IFS9. Using Boomi as the Integration platform and I can send data to IFS and get a response back of 

Message 4224503 has been posted to queue DEFAULT

But once released, it does not create the employee, trying to find some type of logging to state why? I purposely only pushed over a few elements to cause an issue as I want to know what variables are required.

Thanks in advacne.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @mikeb95 ,

Usually an application message posted to DEFAULT queue when the Soap gateway cannot call find the webservice to call.

Check the SOAPAction header in your webservice call. it should be  urn:soap_access_provider:SEND_EMPLOYEE

You can read more about SOAP webservices here.

Understanding SOAP Access Provider (ifs.com)

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@dsj 

Thanks for the reply…..update to this.

So I was finally able to create routing rules and was able to send the data to the IN1 queue where it got received and then released but never added the employee or gave an error message. In the attached.

But I go back to the Interface Browser and question if it’s possible. From the webservices, if I click on the employeeinteraction and then IFS Connect WS, it shows only outbound (attached), but if I click on BizApi and then SEND_EMPLOYEE, there is both IN and OUT schemas leading me to believe that it can send and receive employee information (attached).

Currently I am testing only via Postman and can send data as IFS receives the data, something is missing, either my settings or routings within IFS.

I also created a new call using the BizApi IN Schema and the send employee also says Outbound.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @mikeb95 ,

I tried to invoke EmployeeInteraction WebService in one of our Apps9 and Apps10 environments and seems it responds with the request data hence I assume that the request is not reaching the database, It’s better to get an answer from IFS on how to use this WebService.

Same problem reported in this community post but not much information there.

How to extract Employee information via API (Apps 10) | IFS Community

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the follow up @dsj I am actually trying to send employee data to IFS. Company uses Workday as our HCM system and integration would handle creating new employees into IFS after HR creates them in the HCM.