Solved

Employee used in several companies to approve holiday

• 4 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all, 

I have been given a task to work out how we can make our Chairman to be able to approve the holiday requests in IFS 9 for other MD’s from Multiple companies. 

We have 10 different companies where specific MD’s looking after them, however if one of those MD’s needs their holidays approved, they are currently sending an email to our chairman as sadly our chairman is currently set up as part of only one Company.

Is there any way how could I make him part of all companies, without messing up all HR and employee records (duplications)?

I was hoping that it will be as simple as set him somehow up in Graphical Organization structure and set the position to report for example

Head of department reports to Head of organization and he/she report to Chairman. 

Thank you so much for your ideas and help.

Thank you

Kate 

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 4 June 2021, 13:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It is not necessary to have employee created at each company.

However, you can have the Person ID of the Chairman to each organization unit’s as follows.

1. Go to supervisor access setup.
  2. Select the person ID of the Chairman user. (Make sure company and employee fields are empty.)
  3. Select All radio button under organization.
  4. Select each organization units and organization code you want to give him the access.
  5. Add a new line and assign a position or access role relevant for given company.

Hope this would work. 

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Shehan,

This is great suggestion. I will try now. Thank you so much. I will let you know if this worked. 

Kind Regards

Kate 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Kate,

Apart from what Shehan mentioned, you must do few more steps to have a complete solution.

Chairman’s user ID must add as a user to all the companies need to be accessed.

Then only it will be visible as an accessible company ​on the Supervisor – Access Set up window.

You can then grant the organization access for the relevant person either as a person or as an employee perspective as above. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Lasanthi, 

thank you very much for the suggestion. I thought this may be a case. I will try today and see if I can make it work. 

Really appreciate your time. 

Kind Regards

Kate