Question

degree of occupancy calculation

• 21 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

hi, 

i just wondered whether anyone else had any issues with degree of occupancy and contracted hours?

we have people who have an FTE of say 37.5 hours but might work part time and only work 32.5, this gives a degree of occupancy of 86.6666667% which in turn then gives contracted hours of 32.51 hours in the work time info so that if you were going to amend the salary gives a slightly different calculation to if you were dividing the salary by FTE and multiplying back up contracted hours (£££’s out) 

have people noticed this or found a way to get the contracted hours exact on the work time info as putting a personal adjustment doesnt make any difference to salary calculations when you use the salary wizard to amend salaries? 

i tried to ask ifs but got told this was consultancy and would be a charge even though i think my question is valid.

thanks

sarah 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi 

I would use the agreement types to split out the work time info more accurately 

​​​​​Kind Regards
Rachel 

Badge +4

Hi Rachel, are you suggesting a different employee agreement for each contracted hours, we have absolutely loads of different types of flexible working arrangements so we could end up with a lot doing it this way, but is the suggested or solution?