Question

APPS 9 - Credit Card Refund - Tax Amount adjustment cannot be greater than the maxium overwriting level on tax

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

We are currently using Apps 9, update 17.  We are getting the below error message when categorising a refund credit card transaction to the Expense Code 1043 - Recharges. The Recharge Code has 20% VAT/TAX assigned to it. If we choose an Expense Code that has zero rated VAT then we do not get an error message and the refund can be categorised successfully.

Things to note:

• We are a UK User and the 20% is standard rated VAT
  • The transaction is in USD
  • We can categorise transactions in USD that are not refunds e.g. $20 for web domain
  • We have the same issue with euro transactions and the same error message appears 

Please can somebody advise why this is occurring and how it can be resolved.  

Thank you

Jonathan 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Jonathon,

Have you defined any value for Max Overwriting Level on Tax in Company window > Tax Control Tab > General Tab 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Madusha, 

Thank you for your response.

Yes we have the below values in those fields. I have found that if I take the below amounts out I am able to categorise the transaction to the 20% Recharge code successfully. However the Max Overwriting Level on Tax is needed for VAT Invoices.  

I would have thought having the below values would have been sufficient given that the credit/refund is only ($14.73)  

Thank you

Jonathan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for your response. If you have further concerns on this, I think its better to raise a support case with all the required details. Then, we can directly access the environment and check on the issue.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Madusha, 

Thank you for your help, I will log a case. 

Thank you

Jonathan