Solved

IEE user accidentially modified page and it persists

• 28 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

We had a user accidentally hide the bottom section on the Manual Supplier Invoice page.
It took a while to figure out what the problem was.  The change to the page persisted through logging out and back in again.  Other than figuring out that she had dragged a section down to hide it - is there a simple way to return a single page in IFS to it’s previous default view for a user that change it?

Thanks for your time and knowledge in reading this...

This was the page:

Here is is after she accidentally pulled down and hid the 3rd section of the page:

icon

Best answer by Manulak 28 September 2023, 20:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Try this - it’s from Apps9 so might not be the same in Apps10, RMB on the page, select properties, there should be a tab that is Layout and there is a View Default Layout and Reset Layout Buttons on there. Hope that helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello,

If you have a base profile, you can copy the appropriate branch from the base profile to the user profile. You can do this in frame: ifswin:Ifs.Application.UserProfileAdministration.ManageClientProfile?action=new

Best regards

Bartłomiej Pobocha

Badge +1

Try this - it’s from Apps9 so might not be the same in Apps10, RMB on the page, select properties, there should be a tab that is Layout and there is a View Default Layout and Reset Layout Buttons on there. Hope that helps

Thanks for the fast reply!

I like this answer, but it does not seem to work.  Have you tried to pull down the 3rd section on this page and then tried the reset layout?   I just tried it in a non-prod system and it does not return the hidden section to its original place on the page.  I also have to checkmark “Use customized screen layout” or “Reset Layout” is not available.   The “View Default Layout” does not change anything no matter what I do.  

Badge +1

Hello,

If you have a base profile, you can copy the appropriate branch from the base profile to the user profile. You can do this in frame: ifswin:Ifs.Application.UserProfileAdministration.ManageClientProfile?action=new

Best regards

Bartłomiej Pobocha

I was hoping there was a quick action or click that a user could perform to reset any changes they may have made to the page.  The page can certainly be messed up with just a simple click or mouse movement!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Just click on the horizontal bar at the bottom of the modified screen and drag it up.

This is meant to be moved around by users depending on the needs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@ronjonx The easiest way is to select the FULL SCREEN button you find on the right bottom of the IEE. That’ll show the hidden control.

Badge +1

@ronjonx The easiest way is to select the FULL SCREEN button you find on the right bottom of the IEE. That’ll show the hidden control.

Yes, best answer, fast and easy!!   I can pass that along to our users.  Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Manulak Appreciate if you can provide an answer to this query…..