Skip to main content
Question

Workflow Release Work Order

• 15 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I’m trying to release a WO in a work flow. The work flow will be triggered when the WO is created, and then automatically released the WO if some conditions are met. 

I can’t seem to work out what’s going on. When I make the call, it says resource not found.

Must be something simple?

Help appreciated. 

James

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

In here the ActiveSeparate_Release() call seems like a bound action. in that case, in workflow we need to read the entity ActiveSeparate first then call this action for this to work.

There is a similar example in the TechDocs that you can refer to 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/24r1/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/080_workflow_examples/#state_change

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

State machine related actions are bound actions. You need to read the relevant record before calling the state update action. Try reading the record just before the Call api task.
Found a similar post

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for this. It looks promising, but on a newly created WO, it doesn’t appear to work, as the WO isn’t there yet. Despite it being triggered after the call to create it. It gets a “Resource Not Found”.

Is there any advice what to do with a newly created record?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

as the WO isn’t there yet

This part is not clear. can you explain bit more on the workflow configurations.

How are you triggering the workflow ? projection action?  event action?

I did a quick check and noticed there is another call in the projection called ActiveSeparate_Release(). which might be able to do the same outcome you are trying to get. 

I created a quick poc workflow with the following configuration and that seems to work

projection action configuration
poc workflow

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you @ka

as the WO isn’t there yet

This part is not clear. can you explain bit more on the workflow configurations.

How are you triggering the workflow ? projection action?  event action?

I did a quick check and noticed there is another call in the projection called ActiveSeparate_Release(). which might be able to do the same outcome you are trying to get. 

I created a quick poc workflow with the following configuration and that seems to work

projection action configuration
poc workflow

Thank you for this, we’ve now managed to get this working, as per your workflow too. I’m not 100% why it didn’t work to start with. But starting from fresh has worked.

Thanks again