Question

Why do i get a "resource not found" message after executing a MCPR workflow?

Badge +2

Hi all

Context 

We created a workflow in context of MCPR. We attempt to trigger the event when an employee gets linked to a Customer Company for MCPR. The underlining should afterwards  update to the adjusted CompanyId, EmpNo & EmpCatName 

The workflow exists of the following parts:

1 READ to get the empcategory from the original employee 

1 script taskt to (store it as a variable)

1 READ to read the employee you want to change

(1 script task for etag compatibility) 

1 PATCH to update the employee with the category 

ISSUE: 

When filling the time registration of the MCPR linked employee, we receive the error “resource not found”. We started troubleshooting to see if the error comes from the workflow itself. On first look, that was not the issue. On second look, when reading through the log window, we define a bpa automisation error as u can see on the log window below 

How to fix this error? 

Warm regards

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

you can troubleshoot the workflow using observations to narrow down the location in the workflow where the error comes from

ref: Workflow Tooling - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Badge +2

Hi, I have already tried this method to narrow the location down. Or i’m not narrowing correctly or i still didnt find the location

you can troubleshoot the workflow using observations to narrow down the location in the workflow where the error comes from

ref: Workflow Tooling - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If I were to troubleshoot this error I will start with enabling observations. Then troubleshoot from the inputs received in observation(https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/040_workflow_tooling/?#troubleshoot_an_execution) Why I do this is that sometimes the inputs that are received to the Workflow may not be the ones that are actually expected and using observations I make sure that I’m not using different inputs for debugging. Then in designer I might be able to observe where the red eye icon is seen. Then I will know which task the error is generated. Next if it is a projection task I will make sure the parameters sent to the projection is correct and the data types are correct. I will most probably compare it with the same projection called from web client, probably using chrome dev tools to see how and what is sent as the payload. Another way is to issue the same call from postman and compare. Parameter names, values, data types, case of the parameters are some things that can go wrong.