Question

Where can we change the settings in IFS so that IFS IES uses Edge as the default browser? IFS IE uses Internet Explorer as the default browser and the links to Teams documents have stopped working in the IFS IE lobby pages.

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Where can we change the settings in IFS so that IFS IEE uses Edge as the default browser?  

IFS IEE uses Internet Explorer as the default browser and the links to Teams documents have stopped working in the IFS IE lobby pages. 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Osthewha,

According tot he below post this is not configurable in IEE. 

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I thought it took the system default browser? But now I’ve just looked and dear-god yes it is IE!

I suppose that will not be changed - part of the ‘move to the cloud’ justification!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Osthewha 

Since you have a clear, reproducible case of IEE being broken, I hope you will start a ticket with IFS. I’d be interested to see what they say or if they offer a workaround of some kind..

“Sorry, you’ll have to move to the cloud for that to work,” is not an acceptable support solution. We all pay tens of thousands of dollars per year (if not more) for maintenance alone. I’m curious as to how far IFS will allow IEE to be broken before we can stop paying maintenance (since it isn’t actually being maintained and remains broken).

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Osthewha,

Did you get an answer on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All,

spetkus27 wrote in another thread:

If using custom RMBs that open links you can always preface the url with microsoft-edge. This will open the link in a new edge window.

An example link might be

microsoft-edge:http://google.com

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@JHLDDEBNAM - You may find this of use.

Just in case the Security Length starts getting erected by the EP Head.