Question

what's the purpose of Refresh button in Aurena page?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, we are not clear the Refresh button in Aurena page. It will make end users get confused with page behaviour. Anyone could explain the purpose of this? Thank you!

1. create a new header of MR and save. 
  2.  Click the Refresh button on the page header to fresh data.
  3. The data will lost and the page will return to original state.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

That button is similar to the refresh button on your browser. The reason why you don’t see the data anymore is most likely because there is no filter in place, so the page behaves as if you have just opened it. The MR you have created will still be there though (if it was saved before refreshing), if you search on something like the Created date you should find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WilliamRun ,

When you click on Refresh then the contain the content is refreshed again by executing the database call again. Below is what is happening

1.0 Populate data - this will execute a select query and load the content to aurena page.

2.0 When you refresh the page again then the same populate query execute again and load the content again to the page.

3.0 If you have given a filter criteria ‘order no’ example and that will populate data related to one order by executing the SELECT statement related one one order no. When you refresh the page then the previous SELECT with order no will again executed and load the data.

If you experiencing a issue of losing the data then that will be a bug and issue that need to be investigated further technically . In our latest reference environment the refresh is correctly working as explained above and no data lost. What is the UPD level you are in ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @WilliamRun ,

When you click on Refresh then the contain the content is refreshed again by executing the database call again. Below is what is happening

1.0 Populate data - this will execute a select query and load the content to aurena page.

2.0 When you refresh the page again then the same populate query execute again and load the content again to the page.

3.0 If you have given a filter criteria ‘order no’ example and that will populate data related to one order by executing the SELECT statement related one one order no. When you refresh the page then the previous SELECT with order no will again executed and load the data.

If you experiencing a issue of losing the data then that will be a bug and issue that need to be investigated further technically . In our latest reference environment the refresh is correctly working as explained above and no data lost. What is the UPD level you are in ? 

Thanks for your explanation! Yes, I know the data is not lost. it’s not a issue related with a bug. The end users will feel curious about the page behaviour compared with EE client. Normally the end user just want to refresh current data record by click Refresh button. They will not remember the Order No which created just now before he/she click the Refresh button. it’s quite difficult for end user to search the data record again by a selection condition. If this Refresh button could refresh current page with existing data regardless it’s be filtered by a condition or not is most reasonable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WilliamRun ,

In our latest reference environment we can insert a material requisition > save the record and then refresh the page will populate the data you entered in the save action. In this case no need of filter criteria.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @WilliamRun ,

In our latest reference environment we can insert a material requisition > save the record and then refresh the page will populate the data you entered in the save action. In this case no need of filter criteria.

Hi Dumeesha,

Sorry I didn’t mentioned I am running Aurena client in IFS 10 UPD11 version. And I also got the same result in global Regional Test CMB environment. Could you please let me know which latest Ref enviornment you were tested? is it Cloud 21R1? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WilliamRun ,

I am checking this in below environment. These environment had UPD12 and bug correction patched so far on top of UPD12

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @WilliamRun ,

I am checking this in below environment. These environment had UPD12 and bug correction patched so far on top of UPD12

Hi Dumeesha, 
unfortuately I can recreate same issue in these two environments. Please note that I don’t use Refresh of Web browser(It could fresh page with existing new record). I am using the Refresh in the Aurena page header with navigation path.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WilliamRun ,

I suggest you to report a case to Global Support. I checked this in customer order window and  sales part window as well. However that is not recreated for instant invoice window. You may too check that. However for the moment I cannot say whether this is a bug or not.   IFS will analyze this and give you a explanation or a bug fix.

Earlier I followed below steps.

1.0 Populated the window.

2.0 Then refreshed

3.0 Then inserted a new record

4.0 Then again refreshed. 

5.0 The data are there. 

However that record is not the one I inserted in the 3rd step. I didn’t noticed that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @WilliamRun ,

I suggest you to report a case to Global Support. I checked this in customer order window and  sales part window as well. However that is not recreated for instant invoice window. You may too check that. However for the moment I cannot say whether this is a bug or not.   IFS will analyze this and give you a explanation or a bug fix.

Earlier I followed below steps.

1.0 Populated the window.

2.0 Then refreshed

3.0 Then inserted a new record

4.0 Then again refreshed. 

5.0 The data are there. 

However that record is not the one I inserted in the 3rd step. I didn’t noticed that. 

anyway, thank you! Dumeesha. I will report a case to GSO.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

In addition to that, you can use the following as a workaround in the time being.

If you set up the search settings as “previous search” you may not loose data.

After creating the Material Requiition simply copy paste the order number to the filter “Order No.”.

Settings > Select “Previous Search” > Close

Then run the refresh. Any time you refresh it will retain the newly created order(s) where necessary.