Solved

What is the required parameters for Call an IFS Projection in Workflows

• 7 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi All,

I am trying to call an IFS Projection and Approve a state but can't pass the perimeters exactly as a new in workflow.
Getting data by IFS Projection READ > a condition if state is Pending for Approval > Call Projection for Update state to Approve

Please, need a kind guidance to understand it better.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Achala 10 July 2023, 08:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @MizanulIslam 

Can you please provide the inspected error message as well as the inspected details?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @bdoucette 

Some of information I am mentioning below

Action: Call
Projection Name: MiscellaneousResourceAllocationsHandling
Call Name: MiscResourceAllocation_Approve

I tried ETag as Parameter and Key
separately ETag,ResourceSeq, AllocationNo (as these are parameters in packages as well)

I want to know the exact way to define KEYs and CallName(parameter_name):Void
? = Red Flagged

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@MizanulIslam 

“MiscResourceAllocation_Approve() ” is a bound action.  you cannot specify the entity type parameter for bound action in Workflow. that is why it does not ask input parameter when you select a bound action in Workflow designer.

To use bound action in Workflow,  First read the exact record which you want to call this bound action and then call bound action without any parameter.

Checked this with below sample Workflow and executed it in troubleshoot mode without any issue

Below is the property panel of the Read Activity

Below is the property panel of the CALL Activity

Already answered similar kind of question in below post

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

MiscResourceAllocation_Approve is a bound action. Bound actions require the bound entity of bound type as a parameter. So, in this case you just have to simply do a projection read on the entity you wish to approve and use the MiscResourceAllocation_Approve projection call without any parameters like this.

Workflow will handle adding the the entity that read immediately before, as a parameter to the projection call.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Achala,

Getting this below error while creating new record in MiscellaneousResourceAllocationsHandling projection.

Now using this parameters to get records from MiscellaneousResourceAllocationsHandling projection no parameter in Approve Call.

It was okay when I tried by passing Objkey for the first row. But it doesn't work for second row.

I just want to Approve every new row inserted will be Approved through this workflow.

Can you please help on this issue again?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@MizanulIslam  Workflow expects a value for  “AllocationNo” property and it was not find during the Workflow execution. that is why this error was occurred.

You could see the input data  that being passed to Workflow by using observation feature. 

1. Go to the Workflow and start the Watch 
  2. Then perform the action to trigger the Workflow
  3. Check the captured observations

for details about observation, please see below documentation

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/040_workflow_tooling/#workflow_observations 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks @Achala for your cooperation