Question

want to change column status of view customer order in FND tool (IFS 10)?

• 20 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi All,

I tried to change status (Planned to Released ) of any view though FND tool (Procedure- INSERT_OR_UPDATE).

But unable to change when i seen result.

I add Status(Objstate at customer order view) column in File mapping tab.

But unable to update status.

Kindly assist someone.

How can do that.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You won’t be able to change the status of an object using any migration tools or field updates.  You have to use the appropriate API for the status change to perform the transformation.  There can be dozens of checks and additional actions fire in the background on a transition from one state to another.  Use the Debug Tool on an order change from Planned to Release and look at all of the actions that occur as a result.  You have to mimic all of that detail in a coded transaction to move the object status.   Status isn’t just a piece of data, in indicates completion of a series of actions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ShawnBerk ,

How is it possible with scrip migration?
Why can't it be possible with FND migration?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you have a test environment trying changing the status from Planned to Released using the system but switch on debugging first.

You would usually the MODIFY part of the api but by using debugging you would locate the correct one.

Regards

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Adarsh,

When updating a status or performing most operations in IFS require data validation which is achieved via business logic. So data migration will not allow you to bypass that logic. However, you can achieve your objective via probably a database trigger on insert event to Customer Order table. You can get the relevant database call from the debug console upon performing a Release and write a trigger to perform this operation.