Question

User Account setup needed for Boomi IFS Connector

• 21 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are running IFS Apps10 UPD14

We are using the IFS Boomi Connector for system integrations.  I know I can use our app owner user ID for the integrations.  How can I setup a non-app owner ID so it is valid in the IFS Connector?  I haven’t been able to find any documentation on this.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We created one for our environment and IIRC it was as simple as creating a normal user account that has appropriate permission sets to 1) log in to IFS and 2) access the relevant projections to be called. 

You may also need to assign it to Companies and Sites which have data that is needed for the integrations you will build, but this may be dependent on exactly which projections and methods you will ultimately use.

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are missing something.  We tried using the ID we use for our BI integrations.  It already has access to all companies and sites.  I confirmed the permission set includes the APIs and granted the ID both FND_WEBENDUSER permission sets.  When we try to use the ID - we get this error message.  I’m not sure what to try

[11:00 AM] Wiafe, David

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Input was lost during operation execution
at com.boomi.connector.generic.DataTracker.close(DataTracker.java:1012)
at com.boomi.util.IOUtil.doCloseQuietly(IOUtil.java:52)
at com.boomi.util.IOUtil.closeQuietly(IOUtil.java:27)
at com.boomi.connector.generic.GenericConnectorAction.invoke(GenericConnectorAction.java:203)
at com.boomi.connector.generic.GenericConnectorAction.invoke(GenericConnectorAction.java:171)
at com.boomi.connector.base.BaseConnectorAction.invokeBase(BaseConnectorAction.java:368)
at com.boomi.connector.base.BaseConnectorAction.invoke(BaseConnectorAction.java:321)
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor91.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.boomi.util.ClassUtil$InvokerWithClassLoader.invoke(ClassUtil.java:369)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy60.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ConnectorShapeHandler.execute(ConnectorShapeHandler.java:256)
at com.boomi.process.shape.ConnectorShape.execute(ConnectorShape.java:176)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessShape.executeShape(ProcessShape.java:571)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeShape(ProcessGraph.java:511)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeNextShapes(ProcessGraph.java:595)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeShape(ProcessGraph.java:532)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeNextShapes(ProcessGraph.java:595)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.executeShape(ProcessGraph.java:532)
at com.boomi.process.graph.ProcessGraph.execute(ProcessGraph.java:309)
at com.boomi.process.ProcessExecution.call(ProcessExecution.java:856)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:984)
at com.boomi.execution.ExecutionTask.call(ExecutionTask.java:56)
at com.boomi.util.concurrent.CancellableFutureTask.run(CancellableFutureTask.java:158)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jhooperyan ,

probably not related but which authentication mechanism are you using for the boomi connection? Basic auth or Oauth2?

Thanks,
Sajith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Janine @jhooperyan 

From a connector perspective, we don’t really know anything about the permissions or type a user has.  We just pass the creds used in the auth header and then it’s on the IFS side that permissions to the projections etc. are granted.  I think it’s likely telling you that it can’t retrieve data from the projection - hence the “Input was lost during operation execution”.

First step would be - can you access that same projection using Postman and the same credentials, and then we can work onwards from there.

Peter

PS: @Sajith D , with Apps 10, it’ll be basic auth.  We don’t support oauth2 with Apps 10 - only with IFS Cloud.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peter Sketch Boomi 

We get a “401 unauthorized” error in Postman with that ID.  I’m wondering if Apps10 only supports the app owner ID for integration.

Jeannine

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Jeannine

I guess the question is - what id’s can be used to call the projections.  These are the same projections as Aurena uses, so not integration specific really.  But, I know you can grant rights to projections for service accounts - i.e. in the way we need to do IFS Cloud OAuth2, so perhaps one of the IFS guys can give us some more input here.

Peter

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@NickPorter  - we are still stuck on this.  Only our app owner ID is working to call APIs (Boomi or Postman).  Question for you - what version of IFS are you running?  I’m wondering if this is a restriction of Apps10 UPD14.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@jhooperyan We are on UPD9 right now and are not using appowner.  As noted before, we just make the projection available and grant it to our Boomi account in IFS and it then (generally) works.  There are some projections that don’t function properly in Boomi in UPD9, due to the way that they are coded in IFS, so for those cases we actually have a separate Oracle DB connection that Boomi.  This means we have 2 different Boomi connections to a single DB.  I would expect that your later UPD has less of these trouble areas, but perhaps not.

Perhaps the projection you are trying to call is one that has complexity like we saw, where (if I remember correctly) IFS dynamically pulls information that is then used to get other information that comes back to the projection you are calling.  I forget the technical term for this or might be explaining it badly, but fundamentally - at least in our version - there are a couple of places we ran into this which failed to work via direct projection calls.  @Peter Sketch Boomi may be able to shed more light on describing this limitation for you, or might be able to confirm if UPD14 should no longer have this problem.

Nick