Question

Use of COMMAND_SYS.SHELL_COMMAND

• 13 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear all, I am interested into the use of the command_sys.shell_command. I can not find anything in the documentation, does anyone have any use cases or documentation/limitations of this command? ?

Thanks as always 

David.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Scrap that - I see that it is Obsolete.  

BEGIN

Error_SYS.Appl_General(service_, 'OBSOLETESHELLCMD: Calling obsolete interface Command_SYS.Shell_Command!');

END Shell_Command;

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@david.harmer Please refer below link. However, ifsapp.command_sys.Shell_Command runs the program only on the computer where the event server is running.

Link: IFS Custom Objects.pptx (sharepoint.com)

Shell Command Execute the statement submitted in the dialog as an OS command line. Can be used to start program for example. Event Registry's action “Shell Command” uses the “shell_command” method in Command_SYS to send the command. More information about this method is available in Reference Manual under section Command_SYS.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Chathuranga_S is that really the case? since when i call that method in PLSQL i get the Obsolete Interface error message?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@david.harmer That is what I found out.. from this IFS Custom Objects.pptx (sharepoint.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @Chathuranga_S I cannot open the power point so not sure what it says. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@david.harmer in Shell Command session:

Shell Command Execute the statement submitted in the dialog as an OS command line. Can be used to start program for example. Event Registry's action “Shell Command” uses the “shell_command” method in Command_SYS to send the command. More information about this method is available in Reference Manual under section Command_SYS.