Question

Trying to send a quick report via Application Server Task_

• 13 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have been reading several other topics about the same question I have. 

I was able to create the Application Server Task (Screenshot 1) and schedule the Database Task (Screenshot 2),

When the database task runs the background job the result is positive => Status =(Ready)(Screenshot 3).

However, the status for the Application Server Task is (Waiting) Screenshot4- and I do not receive the email.

I was wondering if anybody from the community could direct me to the right path to fix the issue.

My goal is send the quick report via email. Could you please insert screenshots with your answer? 

We are currently using IFS 9.

Screenshot 1-

Screenshot 2-

Screenshot 3-

Screenshot 4-

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA not sure if you have posted under the correct sub forum, Probably @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi can move this to the following sub forum

https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,
Yes I have moved this to a correct forum. Kindly post questions within IFS Community forums without selecting groups :)
I did find many topics with answers to this kind of question can you check the posts list here.
Also refer: application server task
Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

A late reply for this. In case you haven’t gotten this resolved yet, the status waiting is correct for the application server task as you have specified a recurring schedule to run the task daily at 7 AM.

Since the background job is also in ready state, search for “Explore Application Messages” in the navigator and expand the “OUT1” queue and see if there are application messages for your quick reports can be found. They should be in Finished state if the report was emailed successfully. If it is in error state, see if there is any error message. 

If this is not the case, then most probably the problem is with the mail sender. Please check your mail sender configuration as described in this documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/300_ifs_connect/010_configure_connect/060_transport_connectors/configure_mail_transport_connector.htm

Hope this helps!