Question

Transfer / Download CRIM code from GIT repository

• 22 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sorry, it may be a trivial question, we are just starting the implementation of IFS Cloud.
After merging topic branch to the Master Branch, is there any trace of CRIM made in GIT, as in Harvest we have a package?
Let us assume (strictly technically, we do not consider the ownership of the code) that we would like to transfer the code of some CRIM (e.g. related to changes in the law, and therefore the same for everyone in a given country) from one project to another. How to do it ?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So far, I have obtained the following information:

We use PR to keep track of the changes we have merged to master and use as future reference in CRIM, by storing its URL in the user story in Jira.

For the question on getting diff and merging a sloution from one customer to another, Yes, we have so many ways to do that, lot of supporting tools from GIT for that. E.g. Tortoise Git.

That is what we currently do when applying a hot fix to customer from a RU or SU.  This is what I have tried so far, supper easy.

https://tortoisegit.org/docs/tortoisegitmerge/tmerge-basics-patch.html

This is done so that you have to get the diff extracted and apply to another customer.
Example diff file received from Tortoise GIT is attached.

If someone could write even more about the details of the transfer process, it would be very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Will there in the future be any support to fetch the whole customization if it has lots of pull requests?

I’m currently working in a IFS Cloud project when we are continuously adding new pull requests to the existing customizations and we have up to 30-40 user stories with pull requests on the largest one.