Question

Transfer csv file from DB server to MWS

• 19 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

This is a outbound integration from IFS to another system.
I have created a migration job and, it is creating a csv file in DB server location.

File is created in DB server.

Now I need to transfer csv file automatically from DB server to MWS.
Is there any possibility to do this?
If there a csv file in DB server than, it will be transferred to MWS automatically.
Can I do this using routing address and routing rules?

Thank you,
Malan Jayanka

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you running Windows? If so, you can write directly to the MWS without needing to copy the file first.

Oracle Database runs as the SYSTEM user by default, but on the network, that means it runs as the corresponding Computer principal in Active Directory. If the server hostname is DBSERVER, then Oracle would run as a user called DBSERVER$ (with a dollar sign on the end). You can grant folder access to that Computer principal to allow Oracle to write to a UNC path.

First, you’ll create your share on the middleware server.

\\your_middleware_server\share_name

Next, you’ll grant that share to the user running Oracle. Here’s what that grant screen might look like in Windows:

Finally, you’ll create your directory object in Oracle:

CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY your_directory AS '\\your_middleware_server\share_name';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DIRECTORY your_directory TO ifsapp;

Footnote:

Oracle recommends you run their software as a regular user instead of this default of using the SYSTEM user. I suspect it’s because this mapping from SYSTEM to a Computer principal isn’t obvious, and I also suspect they’re expecting you to run more than just Oracle Database on that machine. If you’re willing to say Oracle Database owns that machine, then I don’t see a problem with keeping the default user as SYSTEM.