Question

Summing in IEE lobby, when no data why X displayed

• 1 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

IFS10 - We are summing based on record conditions and if there are no records that meet those conditions the SUM statement does not show as a zero in the lobby but an X. Would be nice to see the zero instead.

2 fields getting summed in a lobby
when no records qualify for the sql statement we just see X.

When there are records that qualify we will see the number in the box. Is there a way to get a zero to show instead of the X?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @LMWCBACH 

many problems cause this error.

Could you at first post a screenshot of your data source?

Does it work?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you know the data is correct, you could try nvl e.g.

SUM(NVL(PLAN_LABOR_RUN_TIME,0))

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hypervox - that does not work, it will not even run the sum for that when I put in the NVL on it. The box does not refresh itself like all the others it just stays as a X. 

Link Hero - the screen does work. Here is a shot of one that does have data that fits into the criteria

When there are not current closed shop orders (for the day) for a specific site we get the following-

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you know the data is correct, you could try nvl e.g.

SUM(NVL(PLAN_LABOR_RUN_TIME,0))

Sorry my mistake - does nvl(sum(plan_labor_time),0) work?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hypervox - that one does not work either. nvl(sum(plan_labor_time),0)  or SUM(NVL(PLAN_LABOR_RUN_TIME,0)) it will not run the sum. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Interesting.  I thought maybe that I’d got the format of the NVL wrong, but there is a Data Source in IFS that uses that expression - “FI Balance Analysis - Write Off” that is the same format.

Can you give details of your datasource?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Here is what we are trying to display, but because there are no closed Shop Order Operations yet for today it has no records getting pulled

If I was doing a count it would display a zero, but I think because I am doing a sum and there are no records that meet the criteria it cannot display anything.

If I hover over the element this gets displayed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m on IFS9, and I don’t have all the same columns you have.  However, I can get the sum to work as you’d expect (this is on my test system which has got old data so no records exist for the current day)…

I think the next step would be to take the SQL into SQL Developer and run it there - see if you get the results you’d expect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi, the problem is the GROUP BY value you have added. If the condition is not met and no records found this SQL will not return a row.

You could create a data source without the group by for the counters.