Question

Simultaneous Sessions_Per_user

• 28 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi

I was trying some troubleshooting, and changed a setting I obviously shouldn’t have.

Due to most users having the “Oracle Profile” of “Default”, I thought it would be fairly safe to change this setting in our test environment:

Short after, our test environment crashed.  

Trying the MWS scripts, I get:

A small snippet of the logs:

<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <The server 'MainServer1' with process id 12596 is no longer alive; waiting for the process to die.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed during startup. It may be retried according to the auto restart configuration.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed so attempting to restart (restart count = 1)>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Starting WebLogic server with command line: C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR\bin\ifsStart.cmd >
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Working directory is 'C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR'>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:17 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server output log file is 'C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR\servers\MainServer1\logs\MainServer1.out'>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:19 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <The server 'MainServer1' with process id 2688 is no longer alive; waiting for the process to die.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:19 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed during startup. It may be retried according to the auto restart configuration.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:19 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed so attempting to restart (restart count = 2)>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:19 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Starting WebLogic server with command line: C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR\bin\ifsStart.cmd >
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:20 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Working directory is 'C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR'>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:20 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server output log file is 'C:\EXPMIGR\wls_domain\EXPMIGR\servers\MainServer1\logs\MainServer1.out'>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:22 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <The server 'MainServer1' with process id 4320 is no longer alive; waiting for the process to die.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:22 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed during startup. It may be retried according to the auto restart configuration.>
<Feb 28, 2020 8:06:22 AM CST> <INFO> <EXPMIGR> <MainServer1> <Server failed but will not be restarted because the maximum number of restart attempts has been exceeded>

Probably the cause:

However, the DB guys were able to find that setting in Oracle and change it back to unlimited, and we still haven’t had any luck getting the server back up.

I’m sure there’s a lot of information I’m leaving out, but hopefully someone can help.

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Your issue looks to be related to the DEFAULT profile also being assigned to one or more IFS system accounts (likely beginning with IFS%) and not just end user accounts.  If you looked in a different system (e.g. Prod) that Test is a copy of you should be able to see which ones have it.  You don’t mention if this is the only change you made to Oracle Profiles but I’ll assume it is.

I’m wondering if the change that your DBAs made wasn’t right?  It ought to have been done using the ALTER PROFILE command in the DB.

If they did do it correctly it is important to note that changes will only pick up in future sessions, meaning if the IFS account used to start the apps server is still logged in somewhere it will need to be flushed to clear it out.  The simplest brute force way to do this would be to e.g. stop apps server , stop any other IFS services (e.g. Print Agents) that might be using the same account, restart the DB, start the apps server and then start any other services again.

For ALTER PROFILE command help take a look at this link to get a feel for it: 

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_2007.htm

Nick

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the help Nick.  It turns out that we had another issue going on.

To be specific, I tried following these posts a while ago to try to get IFS to remember the username of who logged in last:

https://community.ifs.com/people-all-about-your-employees-38/jvm-startup-parameters-710

https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/remember-last-login-username-in-apps10-ee-login-dialog-311

We weren’t able to restart the server at the time when I made the change, so the change never took effect until the server crashed.

So, we were chasing the wrong trail. As soon as someone found this error:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Unrecognized option: -ifs.oidc.rememberme.cookie.enabled=true

I realized what had happened.

Unfortunately that setting was no longer showing in the MWS Admin Console, so we had to edit an XML file at

\\InstanceName\wls_domain\InstanceName\config\config.xml