Solved

Set Aurena Client Default values using BPA

• 2 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

Can we set the default value of Aurena client field in 21R2?
If I explain more;

Hope that I need to add a default value when press the new button in Aurena client and default value should be appeared in the field. Is this possible with BPA workflow?

This kind of output I need to take using BPA workflow. Is it possible?

/Malan Jayanka

icon

Best answer by Gonzalo 4 June 2023, 00:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Malan.

Yes, you can.

When you press “+” button to create a new record, the page makes the following call:

You need to configure a workflow to catch that call and override the information that it’s returned.

In the example above you can see that the Description is populated with “Test” string because the workflow invoked is doing so. See the response that was intercepted by the workflow:

The workflow should look like this:

See the attached workflow (ZIP file)

Then configure the execution of the workflow using Projection Action as shown below:

And you are done.

I hope you can follow these instructions and you have your configuration up and running in no time :)

Best regards.

Gonzalo.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Gonzalo 

Thank you very much for the solution. Yes this is the exact requirement.
And I need to clarify one thing. Hope this Projection Action type is enabled from 22R1 version. Am I correct?

Because I can not see Projection Actions in 21R1 and 21R2

/Malan Jayanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Malan.

Yes, it seems it available from 22R1. Searched for Projection Action in documentation for track 21R2 and didn’t find anything.

Best regards.
Gonzalo.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Malan.

Yes, it seems it available from 22R1. Searched for Projection Action in documentation for track 21R2 and didn’t find anything.

Best regards.
Gonzalo.

Hi Gonzalo,

Just tried to do this for ‘PartNo’ on the window ‘Part’ or ‘Inventory Part’, even though it is part of the Default call no value is given. When doing it for the field ‘Description’ it does work… Is this not possible for Key values?

Regards,

Mitchel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @MiLeNL,

I talked about it on the Community, I also encountered the concern here : 

Regards,

Théo

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @MiLeNL,

I talked about it on the Community, I also encountered the concern here : 

Regards,

Théo

Thanks @TheoB , not the answer i was hoping but at least it's clear it does not work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Gonzalo  Hi Gonzalo I have a question I can we find the correct call we need? I want to add a default value to a field when creating a purchase order

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Gonzalo this is a game changer, the possibilities of this are endless, now we are not stuck with the “IFS” defaults that don’t apply to our business, thank you so much for this post. 

Do you have any other documentation on the Workflow tool? I am building up a guide based on various examples I have found on the community but what is missing is a reference, for example even when creating a “Script” action, there is no guide as to what script is allowed, or what commands are allowed.