Question

Routing Rule Destination Address for Payment Advice

• 27 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

IFS Apps 8

We are successfully sending out Payment Advices using the PDF_Report_Created event and action.

HOWEVER, for Payment Advice PDF_Parameter2 is not Supplier ID as in other reports…

We need to include the Supplier ID because when an email fails, we need to identify the supplier so that we can fix the email address.

Ideally I would like to include the Supplier ID in the Destination Address Address which is the PDF file and which actually shows up on in the application message view in the options field.  

Does anyone know how to change the name of the outgoing PDF File or have a simpler/easier solution?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Cindy,

Probably the easiest solution would be a simple quick report.  The data you are looking at in the Application Messages area is accessible via a database view (APPLICATION_MESSAGE).  I would guess that using some SQL text analysis functions we could pull out the GUID or some other key data, and somehow fetch the supplier ID based on that.  Then make that available via a quick report, startup screen or similar.

But this is speculation without taking a deep dive into the specific situation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Paul

that is what I have done, the supplier number is not available in that view/table.  I did parse out the result_key from the pdf name, and tried looking in identiy_pay_info and payment_order_detail….but there are many suppliers per result key.

We really just want to see the specific supplier where the message failed to send because there was no email address attached...but the views have nothing that I can use to narrow down my search.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

i have a fresh idea this morning...will try that...

Badge +1

When a Diameter message matches the conditions of a Peer Routing Rule then the action specified for the rule will occur. If you choose to route the Diameter message to a Peer Node, the message is sent to a Peer Node in the selected Route List based on the Route Group priority and Peer Node configured capacity settings. If you choose to Send an Answer, then the message is not routed and the specified Diameter Answer Code is returned to the sender.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Nikkinemo95

Forgive me, I am a little confused...not sure what the diameter message, peer routing rule, or peer node is?  Is there a way that I can change the PDF name to include the Supplier ID?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Paul

that is what I have done, the supplier number is not available in that view/table.  I did parse out the result_key from the pdf name, and tried looking in identiy_pay_info and payment_order_detail….but there are many suppliers per result key.

We really just want to see the specific supplier where the message failed to send because there was no email address attached...but the views have nothing that I can use to narrow down my search.

Hi Paul,

I have created a quick report based on Payment_Order_Rep, matching on the failed payment advice result key.

granted access to the quick report to the appropriate permission sets. 

The user CAN run the Payment Order report, but not the quick report.

prefaced the views in the quick report with app owner…

the user has access to the sites...etc

I can run the report, but the user cannot...wracking my brain what I have missed.  I have tried everything I know to make it work.

Cindy