Solved

Report Rules for mail sending

• 23 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

HI ,

I have created one Report rule to send a mail when user click on RMB from customer order(Print Order confirmation).

It is not hitting the rule. Can anyone help/suggestion. did i make any mistake ? Thanks .

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 23 November 2022, 13:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Note that report rules only fire when ‘OK’ is pressed in the print dialog.Things you can check

1. Enable Report Rule Logging in the system parameters and check in the report rule logs if the rule triggers.
  2. If it triggers, check the application messages if a message is created to send out a mail.
  3. Check if the application message is not in failed state.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks for the input.

No entry in Report rule logs and application messages .

Enable in System parameters like this.?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Yup that's it. Are you pressing ‘OK’ after the print dialog has appeared? Typically the report rule log should show a log entry with like ‘No condition met’ or something like that if you print.

To troubleshoot i would suggest to remove the condition and make sure it fires without any condition attached to it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes  Pressing OK. 

without any condition also it is not triggering.
is that setup is correct.? did i miss any settings for Report Rules.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

i can see some Report rule logs 

but not sure about the issue

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Seems your rule fires… so that probably means an application message has been posted to push out an e-mail. That might be hanging somewhere. See if you can find any application message.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

yes Application message failing due to below issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Seems like it's triggered by some form of routing rule. Not sure about the error…. Might be setup of IFS Connect which is not correct. Can't help out in that one. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Receiving mail from backend .but from Application it will not.

How we can setup default printer as PDF_PRINTER

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You can use the report rule action to select a printer.